Search results

1. allisnut

Walnut with a history

This walnut came from my mom's back yard. My grandfather planted the tree in the 1970s, I think. Mom and dad had me cut it down 10ish years ago, and I had two pieces drying on the back of the wood shelf in my shop since then. I cleaned it up and milled it down to the useable wood yesterday as...
  2. allisnut

I'm Back.......

Apparently I've been distracted with work and tractors for so long that I am now a 'new user' and can't post a classified. I spent the day yesterday cleaning the shop and have a few items to pas along to its next home. I'm Adam, I live in Shelby, and I make pens to support my tool and tractor...
  3. allisnut

Siding Repair help needed

How should I tackle this? It is my mother in law's house. We are trying to fix it up and put it on the market. I am thinking I will cut the nails on the bottom edge of the third row up and second row up, remove the second row, and work out the first row, then work everything back in to...
  4. allisnut

Traveling with tools

I plan to take my dewalt 20V lithium ion drill with me to guatemala later this summer. From what I've read, you can fly with LI batteries as long as the batteries are in a carry on, not checked bag. Does anyone have recent real world experince flying with cordless LI power tools? I've checked...
  5. allisnut

Best adhesive to tick tile to formica?

I have been asked to assist a young widow in fixing up her house to put it on the market. She has formica counter tops that have been covered in tile. Not surprisingly, the mortar didn't stick real well, and several pieces along the front vertical edge have fallen off. What would be the best...
  6. allisnut

Got to use my tools today!

Not exactly fine woodworking, but a lot of fun and fellowship, and time with my tools.
  7. allisnut

After-Picnic surprise!

My 80 year old neighbor and church work project buddy showed up while I was unloading the trailer this afternoon. After helping unload all my stuff and getting it into the shop, he handed me a Stanley #6 plane, then went back to his vehicle and returned with a Porter Cable Speedmatic K75 saw...
  8. allisnut

3/8 baltic birch

I have a buddy that buys 3/8x5x5 baltic burch a couple hundred sheets at the time. In his process he generates several pieces of 6" x 5', 1'x5', and 18" x 5' drops that he doesn't need. Is there a market for 3/8 in the scrolling community? What would be a reasonable price to try to sell some...
  9. allisnut

Pen #2,000

I turned my 2,000th pen today. It is a Vertex click pen with chakte viga and a double chakte kok celtic knot inlay. This was my first attempt at a double celtic knot. The inlay didn't come out perfectly because I didn't start with a perfectly square blanks. Just goes to show you can always...
  10. allisnut

Dewalt Tstak boxes - with added review

Does anyone have experience with the Dewalt Tstak boxes / system? I am thinking of buying a couple to store and transport some of my 20V dewalt cordless tools that I bought individually, or that came with tote bags instead of hard cases. Any feedback on their quality would be appreciated...
  11. allisnut

Panel Saw Plans

Does anyone have experience with building a home made panel saw, or know of plans that work out well? I'm trying to help a buddy who routinely has to cut several sheets of 5'x5'x3/8" baltic birch plywood to build spring floors for cheer leading competitions.
  12. allisnut

Guatemala

I spent the past 10 days or so on a mission trip in Guatemala, trying to help a friend of mine who runs a home for teen age boys. I thought I'd share some pictures of what we did. Redneck router table Pull out trash / recycle cans Hand braces still available at the hardware store - can't...
  13. allisnut

Batter Up! Or, Swing Batter Batter Swing!

I got a call earlier in the week from a friend wanting gifts for the baseball coaches at the local middle and high schools. The varsity team went all the way to the state championship series, but unfortunately didn't win the title. The parents wanted gifts for the coaches involved that were...
  14. allisnut

WNC "Mid-Winter Blahs" Picnic Updated with.... PICTURES!

OK Folks, this is the official announcement - the Wesetern NC NCWW Mid-Winter Blahs Picnic, Swap Meet, and Get Together. The party will be held on February 25th, from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, 198 Pleasant Ridge Church Road, Shelby NC 28150. The address is...
  15. allisnut

Mid Winter Blahs Picnic 2017 - Date Poll

I'd like to go ahead and reserve the date for our Mid Winter Blahs Western NC Indoor Picnic and Social Gathering (MWBWNCIP&SG for short). Our family life building is booked for a senior meal on the third Saturday every month, so February 18, 2017 is out. I penciled myself in for February 25...
  16. allisnut

Might be able to find the plane you want here....

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/atq/5701815737.html
  17. allisnut

Delta 46-460 Lathe Power Switch

My 46-460 Type 1 lathe's power switch has been acting up for a while, so i took the speed controller module apart today. The power switch would not firmly latch in the "on" state. I found that the switch's two piece body was not snapped together on one side, allowing it to spread open enough...
  18. allisnut

PC Random Orbit Sander Problems

I bought this ROS used a while back, and had to reattached the pad. It eventually wore out the mounting holes, so I bought this replacement pad at Klingspor a while back. It recently disintegrated on me. What causes the holes to wear out? Is it incorrect procedure causing heat, or some other...
  19. allisnut

Grizzly G0462

Any feedback, good or bad, on the Grizzly G0462 wood lathe would be appreciated.
  20. allisnut

I want to see this router attachment in use!

https://asheville.craigslist.org/tls/5608247268.html

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors