Delta 46-460 Lathe Power Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
My 46-460 Type 1 lathe's power switch has been acting up for a while, so i took the speed controller module apart today. The power switch would not firmly latch in the "on" state. I found that the switch's two piece body was not snapped together on one side, allowing it to spread open enough to effect the operation of the switch but still mostly work. Of course, the type 1's switch is no longer available, and I haven't had much luck yet with the information on the switch itself. I snapped the switch back together, but the contacts are damaged and I'll need to replace it eventually.

The 46-460 Type 2 has a different switch, which is still available. If anyone has the type 2 lathe I'd love to see a picture of the power switch on top of the speed controller box so I can see the difference. I can retro fit a switch of some sort and make the lathe work, but I'd like to keep it original, or close to it if I can.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
image.jpg

image.jpg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Delta seems to have problems with their switches. I had to replace the one on my drill press because it would not turn off. Had to unplug the machine while I waited on a replacement. I bought two just in case. Unfortunately it is a completely different style than what you have. It has the removable safety insert to make it inoperable when removed.

Good luck with your search. I wouldn't worry too much about 'keeping it original' though - just find a switch rated the same that works.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
You might try Digikey (www.digikey.com) - I bet you could find one with the correct contact rating and body size with the "snap-in" fingers as a direct replacement. The actuator (paddle) will likely be different, but at least you wont have to modify the mount hole.

That is an DPST (double pole, single throw) rocker switch rated 20A/125V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS