WNC "Mid-Winter Blahs" Picnic Updated with.... PICTURES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
OK Folks, this is the official announcement - the Wesetern NC NCWW Mid-Winter Blahs Picnic, Swap Meet, and Get Together.

The party will be held on February 25th, from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, 198 Pleasant Ridge Church Road, Shelby NC 28150. The address is Shelby, but the location is west of Shelby, off of Highway 74.

prbc.PNG

prbc close.PNG

We will eat burgers and hot dogs, have fabulous door prizes, enjoy a swap meet area, and generally sit around and shoot the, uh, breeze. I will create a second post to track who is bringing what, food wise.

NCWW has allocated $300 to fund this event. I plan to use about $125 for food and the remainder for door prizes. We will "pass the hat" to make a donation to the church for the use of the family life building.

Please reply to this thread to let us know how many appetites will be attending with your group and what food item or items you can bring.

I will ask Ethan to pin this thread until the picnic is over, so it will be easy to find and stay in front of everyone.

Last edited:

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
Re: WNC "Mid-Winter Blahs" Picnic

The important details: FOOD!!!

I plan to buy the following locally and have it ready at the church. I estimate that the supplied food will take about $125, based on a guesstimate of 50 people attending. The grocery store is 2.4 miles from the church, so a last minute run for more burgers isn't a big deal.

Hamburger Patties & Buns
Hot Dogs & Buns
Paper Plates / Napkins / Paper Towels / Cups

The church has a huge ice maker and a grill, so that's covered.

We need the following:

Condiments - Mustard / Ketchup / Mayo - CaptnA
Chilli - meredj
Slaw - cpw/cpc
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Pickles - cpw/cpc
Chips - Charles Lent
Drinks/Soda - McRabbet, Charles Lent
Water - Raymond, McRabbet

"Picnic Food" - potato salad, baked beans, etc
Potato Salad - Raymond
Baked Beans - CaptnA
Macaroni salad - sawman101

Desserts
Chocolate Pies - allisnut
Cake - sawman101
Brownies - meredj

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member

Put me down for Southern style potato salad and 2 cases of water.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member

In the other thread, I already committed to bring bottled water and sodas -- I am bringing 4 12-packs: 1 Coke, 2 Diet Coke and 1 Sprite and a large case of bottled water. If other items are needed, please let me know.

Rob Payne

Add-on: I'm coming alone.

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

My child bride and my old rickety self = 2 attending.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member

Only three weeks from tomorrow! I will post a list of awesome door prizes that will be available later today.

Be sure to speak up and let us know who is coming, and what you may be able to donate. There is a list of whats needed in the second post on this thread. I will update that post as things are donated.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member

Debbie and I are coming so two.
Will bring ketchup, mustard, mayo, and some baked beans.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

The important details: FOOD!!!

I plan to buy the following locally and have it ready at the church. I estimate that the supplied food will take about $125, based on a guesstimate of 50 people attending. The grocery store is 2.4 miles from the church, so a last minute run for more burgers isn't a big deal.

Hamburger Patties & Buns
Hot Dogs & Buns
Paper Plates / Napkins / Paper Towels / Cups

The church has a huge ice maker and a grill, so that's covered.

We need the following:

Condiments - Mustard / Ketchup / Mayo - CaptnA
Chilli
Slaw
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Pickles
Chips
Drinks
Water - Raymond
Soft Drinks & Water - McRabbet

"Picnic Food" - potato salad, baked beans, etc
Potato Salad - Raymond
Baked Beans - CaptnA
Desserts
Chocolate Pies - allisnut
Macaroni salad, cake,-sawman101

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member

The picnic is two weeks away - February 25!

So far I count 10 attending including my party of four, so the door prize odds are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on folks, come out for a great time of fellowship, food, and fun!

Thanks for those who have signed up, but there is still stuff needed.

DOOR PRIZES!!!!!!

Raymond has received numerous donations from his employer. I will be picking up several items from the Woodworking Shop this week. The Grand prize will be a Bosch paddle switch grinder and a Holey Galahad package, valued in excess of $200!!!! There are several other great prizes available as well.

Hope to see you all there!

Adam

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member

I'll be there and will bring something TBD hat no one else is bringing, plus some soda, regular and diet.

Charley

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Increase the number attending in my party from 2 to 4. Woodworking friend who wants to be a part of NCWW too.

meredj

Jesse
Corporate Member

Sign me and Debra up! We will bring Hot Dog Chili and brownies or some kind of dessert.

Jesse...

cpw

New User
Charles

Robin (crc) and I (cpw) will be attending.

Put us down for slaw and pickles.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member

I'll bring the chips and soda, both regular and diet, since my last check seems to show that nobody else is bring the chips. I'll get several kinds.

Charley

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member

Thanks folks! I updated the water and drinks line, just realized I had left that blank making it appear we didn't have drinks covered. I think we are good there now.

Looking forward to seeing everyone a week from tomorrow!

Adam

aplpickr

New User
Bill

Wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last week. Nine weeks of chemo then surgery then another nine weeks chemo. We will not be there. It was such a BLAST last year. Have fun.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member

Sorry to hear that Bill - we will miss you! Ya'll are in my prayers.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

I'll miss seeing you too Bill. You have faithfully been to both picnics, Forest City and Shelby last year. Really sorry to learn of your wife's diagnosis. Wishing both of you the very best, and aspeedy and complete recovery for her. God bless my friend!

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member

OK Folks, the party is Saturday! Make plans to come on out and join us for a fun time, great food, and fabulous door prizes!

I haven't had time to put together a nice list of prizes with pictures due to the demands of my jobb (if job isn't a four letter word i don't know what is!), however....

The grand prize if a Bosch paddle switch grinder with a Holey Galahad kit including two chainsaw carving wheels, a holey galahad carving wheel, and two flapdisk sanding wheels. We might even throw in a face shield.

Other door prizes include respirator masks, a Bessey strap clamp, and numerous awesome prizes from Raymond courtesy of Bosch corporation.

I hope to see ya'll there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS