Got to use my tools today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
Not exactly fine woodworking, but a lot of fun and fellowship, and time with my tools.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CAA94FF3-0987-42D1-A758-B8AD50C3BC21.jpg
    CAA94FF3-0987-42D1-A758-B8AD50C3BC21.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 14ED6A2B-86A9-45DA-9FB5-89023EEDEE05.jpg
    14ED6A2B-86A9-45DA-9FB5-89023EEDEE05.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 123
  • 17C7DB1F-EAFE-4E14-AA7C-E16BC79B6F08.jpg
    17C7DB1F-EAFE-4E14-AA7C-E16BC79B6F08.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 203
  • ramp team.jpg
    ramp team.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
That's awesome, was the ramp a project for a family member, church member, friend or neighbor? Either way great job!

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
Church member’s brother had to have part of his leg amputated. It’s always a blessing to be able to round up a group and do projects like this for someone who needs some help. And as a bonus, I got home with all my tools!

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Very cool project, nice to see such a diverse group coming together to make a difference in someone's life.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
Yeah, we have a broad range of ages. I'm 45, my two kids are 14 & 16, and we brought another 14 year old friend along. The other half of the planning team is 55ish, his 18 year old arrived after swim practice. One other guy is in his 30s, and the rest are retirees. My 80 year old neighbor keeps saying he is retiring, but every time I tell him we are doing something he shows up and is right in the middle of everything. I wish I could get more younger folks interested. The older guys can't keep going on forever, and the younger ranks are kinda thin!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
we did that for a couple folks a fewyears agoAdam. It was lots of fun

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
I always struggle with getting the posts cut off evenly, so I made this cutting guide with a 5 degree angle on top. It is made to fit my dewalt 20v circular saw, and worked like a champ. It left 1/8" or so in the center of the fattest posts to be cut with a reciprocating saw. I will probably remove the layer of 3/8" plywood that the saw shoe rides on from one side so it will cut completely through the post, and leave one side so I can line it up with my cut height easily.

I was afraid I would have to get out my corded circular saw, but the posts were relatively dry and the 20V worked like a champ.

attachment.php

Attachments

• post jig.jpg
    post jig.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 144

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wonderful way to give back. I belong to an organization called Helpful Hands and Hearts. We have made over 90 ramps in Halifax, Northampton and Warren county. While I have not worked on all I have been contributed on many. It is most rewarding.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Your church, Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church in Shelby, is on fire for the Lord! This is the same church that we hold The Mid Winter Picnic at, and Adam's church. They have been very good to NCWW too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS