Pen #2,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
I turned my 2,000th pen today. It is a Vertex click pen with chakte viga and a double chakte kok celtic knot inlay. This was my first attempt at a double celtic knot. The inlay didn't come out perfectly because I didn't start with a perfectly square blanks. Just goes to show you can always learn, whether you have made 2 or 2,000.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also turned #1999 and #2001 today. Single celtic knots - purple heart with holly, and bocote with holly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 206

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
All of them look great. Only a great craftsman notices the small errors. :) I'm sure whoever it ends up with will love it and never notice!

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
All of them look great. Only a great craftsman notices the small errors. :) I'm sure whoever it ends up with will love it and never notice!

I made #2,000 to keep for myself, so the customer is extra nit-picky!:gar-La;
Thanks for the kind words ya'll!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Very nicely crafted Adam! That pen is a beauty but just another very beautiful pen as were the 1999 pens before it. Rock on!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Adam, you have a knack for making pens and you have far more patience than I do. I lost count after 110 but I do know I am nowhere near that many.

How many years has it taken you to make that many? Did you keep track of that statistic? It might be an interesting fact as well - since you do make these as a hobby and side-line.

Congratulations, my friend!

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
I started in January 2010. I mainly make pens and sell to friends and at local crafts shows. I love having a completed project in less than an hour, or getting a batch of blanks ready and making two or three in a hour in the evening. I'm not so good at larger, long term projects. As long as I sell enough to buy more pen stuff and more tools, I'm happy. It has been a great way to teach my kids about business also. They buy their materials as they make pens, and pocket the proceeds when they sell. They also pay their share of the booth rent most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS