Search results

1. Canuck

Student Desk

Just completed a desk for our 2nd oldest grand daughter(10). She was very specific in her request for one just like her big sister(14). Constructed of 3/4 birch plywood (case), southern yellow pine (legs, rails and stiles in front and end panels). The top is flat sawn red oak purchased from...
  2. Canuck

DW735 Planer DC Upgrade

After completing the replacement of a broken exhaust fan and the entire dust shroud, Dewalt DW735 Issue I decided that there must be alternative ways to direct the DC hose in order to not interfere with the outfeed table. I found this YouTuber with an option to redirect without a 90 bend...
  3. Canuck

Conveyer Cleaning

For those of you have drum sanders; what do you use to clean the conveyer belt? My "Supermax" 19-38 could use a good cleaning. I have just been giving it a good blast of air from the compressor, but there is still stuff that looks like it needs more. (I don't want to get too aggressive and...
  4. Canuck

Dewalt DW735 Issue

I have had the DW735 for about 16 years. No issues other than a drive belt replacement. I have been busy milling up some stock for my latest project and noticed that the thickness adjustment crank is getting really difficult to turn. I took off the cover, cleaned out sawdust that didn't make it...
  5. Canuck

Crew Christmas Snowmen Ready!

Finally finished making use of oak, pine and cypress cutoffs! Seventeen of them; 9 grandkids, 4 daughters and their spouses. JIT for Xmas! Now....back to some real woodworking!😀😀
  6. Canuck

Wood Dye Recommendations

I have turned a number of Christmas ornaments using pine, maple and cypress scraps. LOML would like to see them in various colors. "TransTint" is one brand I have used in the past, but at $23 a bottle; it gets expensive if she wants variety of different colors....no,I prefer not to paint...
  7. Canuck

Picture Framing

Somewhat woodworking related.... I have built many picture frames since retiring in 2005! As a rule, I would be building frames sized to accommodate standard print sizes (5x7, 8x10 etc.) And off the shelf mat boards. I have a picture frame project coming up where the off the shelf pre cut mat...
  8. Canuck

Installing Delicate Hardware

I am in the midst of building a wedding card/gift box for my youngest daughter's upcoming wedding. I cut the lid off today and started looking at the latch and hinge's I had planned on using. Question to those of you who work this tiny stuff. The screws that came with the latch and hinges...
  9. Canuck

Plywood and Drum Sander

Off the wall question. I am in need of some thin (1/8" oak plywood) for a small project. I have plenty of 1/4" ply and was wondering if I can run it through my drum sander to drawn down the thickness? Parts are about 12" square and only need one face veneered in oak. (I have the Supermax 16-32...
  10. Canuck

Bending Plywood

I am working on a small box (for a Grandson) 14" x 25" x 12" high. Wanting to loosely resemble a treasure chest. I was thinking of a curved lid but failed miserably using angle rip cuts on plywood slats (aka coopering) to result in the curve I was looking for! I prefer to have the lid around...
  11. Canuck

Woodpeckers Tools Customer Service

Around eight years ago, I purchased the Kreg PRS3000 router lift and PRS1045 router table. I found out that the Kreg PRS3000 lift is actually a rebrand of Woodpeckers PRL_V2. Awhile ago, I noticed that the fine adjust height adjust thumb wheel had gotten extremely difficult to turn. I decided to...
  12. Canuck

Stress Relief Bushings

I have a Ridgid jointer where the power cord enters the cabinet is clearly showing wear. I managed to remove the old bushing with a pair of needle nose pliers. Now, is there a special tool needed to get the new bushing installed? I cannot seem to be able to squeeze the bushing closed on a...
  13. Canuck

Shop Organization

Haven't been very good at organizing hardware (ie screws, nuts, bolts,washers etc.) Usually placed small boxes/packages of hardware into a shoe box and placed them in a cabinet. Then I went on the hunt for the right item, rifling through the boxes! I saw this idea on Youtube , so jumped into...
  14. Canuck

Fein Dust Extraction

My Fein Turbo II dust extraction/vac purchased 12 years ago died on me yesterday! Ordered a new Turbo II today. The first thing I noticed was that the new unit uses bags to collect the dust and debris. (My old one had a drop in filter and all of the debris dropped into the cannister. No throw...
  15. Canuck

Stuck Hole Saw

This afternoon I had to drill 4 - 2 1/2" holes into some 3/4" plywood. I grabbed a Lennox 2 1/2" hole saw and arbor. Successfully drilled the holes on my drill press and when finished, I tried removing the hole saw from its arbor and it was like it was welded to the arbor. I tried vice grips...
  16. Canuck

DQ List

We used to have a list of Discount Qualified vendors. Not finding the list? Anybody know where I can locate it? TIA Wayne
  17. Canuck

Arbor Flange & Nut Search

I have had my Craftsman Hybrid zipcode saw - 22124 for about 15 years now and it has worked flawlessly for me. I am finding that that arbor flange washer (OR91026) and arbor nut (OR91050) are looking a little weary! They have been discontinued or back ordered at both Sears Parts and...
  18. Canuck

Web Frames w/Dust Panel's

Over the course of the last twelve years I have built nine dressers of different styles and sizes. With each build, I have followed guidance from the book "Illustrated Cabinetmaking" by Bill Hylton. In the book, most all cabinets with drawers, he uses web frames during the illustrations as...
  19. Canuck

Wedge Side Table Plan

I have a request to build a small wedge shaped table something like these examples. I have searched extensively for a plan that would guide me through a starting point to establish the angles for the trapezoid top and the corresponding angles where the aprons meet the front and rear legs...
  20. Canuck

Door Repair

Making inset doors for a painted cabinet and noticed this on the bottom corner of one door. Tear out about 1/16” deep an about 3/4” long. I had the reveal nailed at 3/32” all way round. Not sure how I acquired this gouge! is there a product/filler for a quick repair. I hoping not to mess up...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors