Conveyer Cleaning

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
For those of you have drum sanders; what do you use to clean the conveyer belt? My "Supermax" 19-38 could use a good cleaning. I have just been giving it a good blast of air from the compressor, but there is still stuff that looks like it needs more. (I don't want to get too aggressive and damage the grip it provides to material as it passes through the drum.)

Recommendations are welcome, as always.

Wayne

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Im not sure of the condition, but Isnt the conveyor on the supermax just a sanding belt? You could probably replace it (custom locally) for about $30. I buy belts from a charlotte based company for my 16" belt sander in that size and price range although its been a minute since I ordered from them,

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I'd just use the same thing I use for the drum itself..... But I've never had cause to clean the conveyor. I bought this from Amazon but I think harbor freight sells one for about $5. I have never used one of those but I'd probably try one for $5.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112-110428.png
    Screenshot_20240112-110428.png
    534.9 KB · Views: 25

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think Wayne's has the rubber mat not the "sanding belt"
(Poly conveyer belt)

1705081100506.png

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks for all of your responses. Got it clean using a stiff brush,air/vacuum and my large abrasive cleaning eraser (Dah, why didn't I think of that one!). Yes, the "Supermax" conveyer is like a large 60 grit sanding belt.

Wayne

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Thanks for all of your responses. Got it clean using a stiff brush,air/vacuum and my large abrasive cleaning eraser (Dah, why didn't I think of that one!). Yes, the "Supermax" conveyer is like a large 60 grit sanding belt.

Wayne
60 grit? Interesting. I've got an older model Superman 16/32, and my feed belt feels like 120 grit.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS