Student Desk

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Just completed a desk for our 2nd oldest grand daughter(10). She was very specific in her request for one just like her big sister(14). Constructed of 3/4 birch plywood (case), southern yellow pine (legs, rails and stiles in front and end panels). The top is flat sawn red oak purchased from Klingspor, Cary. (Found their pricing matched the Hardwood Store in "Gibsonville" and didn't have to purchase 300+ board feet to get this small amount (16bdft) at $3.49/"bdft" pricing.) Finished with SW Pro classic extra white and Min wax Golden Pecan stain, 2 coats of clear shellac and top coat of 5 coats of satin wipe on poly.

IMG_6626.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Wayne

Last edited:

llucas

luke
Senior User
Wayne, that is very nice. Exceptionally “crisp” design and finish! I’d be very pleased to do one like that for my grand-daughter
Thanks for sharing

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Wayne! Super job on getting the reveal so even around all the inset drawers. Still using the Dowelmax?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice Wayne! Super job on getting the reveal so even around all the inset drawers. Still using the Dowelmax?
Yes. All plywood side panels and rear panel to the legs are dowelled. I cheated on a couple of the front rails and the right side drawer panels and just used pocket screws.
IMG_6557.jpeg
IMG_6571.jpeg

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS