DW735 Planer DC Upgrade

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
After completing the replacement of a broken exhaust fan and the entire dust shroud, Dewalt DW735 Issue I decided that there must be alternative ways to direct the DC hose in order to not interfere with the outfeed table. I found this YouTuber with an option to redirect without a 90 bend fitting. (He is actually doing several upgrades including a spiral cutter head.)

At about the 13:45 mark in the video, he show a fitting that replaces the DW exhaust adapter with a fitting that routes the DC hose to the right (if looking at the rear of machine). He also provides a link to the STL file to drive a 3D printer if you have access to one.

We’ll guess what. Our own NCWW member, Bas,
printed me one this week!

Picked it up this afternoon and it is a perfect fit!!!

IMG_6621.jpeg

I routed the 4” hose down the side of my planer cart and attached it to a Rockler DustRight Mountable Coupler.
Blue coupler as seen on the side of my cabinet.
IMG_6624.jpeg

Next up. I purchased a Magnetic Dust Collection Connector for the exit side of the coupler from HValley Tools(formerly MLCS).

IMG_6623.jpeg

Now, connections for the planer to my Jet DC should be a lot more convenient without having to mess with hose clamps!!!

A huge shoutout to Bas for printing this part for me this week.

(As an added bonus, I got the see his new shop in person and I have to say that I was very impressed at his attention to detail. Place is really coming together very nicely.)

Thanks Again Bas!!!

Wayne

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS