Search results

1. dpanda

Big Knife Block

That's some nice looking walnut. Is it black walnut? Is it air dried?
  2. dpanda

Lacquer a safe finish to eat off of?

The biggest danger with lacquer is when you're spraying it or painting it! Make sure you're in a well ventilated area or outside! I just refinished a coffee table, and it wasn't in a well ventilated area. Well this Youtube video is about what my dreams where like the night I refinished the...
  3. dpanda

Finished our entertainment center.

Hey Wes, You know some of the things I did 25 years ago are still being used in some form or another! Maybe not for the original intended use but adapted for the times. With the utility you built in into that unit, I'd bet you'll be using it for a long time! Dan
  4. dpanda

Mitered Scraps of Art

Hey Matt, You did a nice job making the "Common Oak from Klingspor" look like walnut! ??? Dan
  5. dpanda

Eliminating Post Beetles in Furniture

Stripping urethane is a PITA. But why is it being stripped? I thought you're looking to eliminate PP beetles. Wouldn't sealing them in work? I don't know just asking! I know it worked for me with shellac I think urethane would seal in anything. Dan
  6. dpanda

Eliminating Post Beetles in Furniture

Farmerbw, Well my experience with powder post beetles was in an Primitive Antique Corner Cabinet, made of poplar in NC. I noticed the sawdust after I bought the piece. It was a fixer upper so the idea of returning it wasn't an option. What I did was spray the piece with insecticide you can...
  7. dpanda

Buy a heater now???

Hey Andy, Good idea to look now! I need propane, but it looks like the size I need is on sale also. Dan
  8. dpanda

Shot through the heart(wood)

That is neat. I had a cherry board with a bullet about that caliper in it. It is surprising to see a shiny piece of metal in your board when it first comes through the planer!
  9. dpanda

FOUND Misc. Lumber (mebane)

Not mine, looks like a good deal! http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/1149201890.html Misc. Lumber (mebane) Reply to: sale-5d5ny-1149201890@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Date: 2009-05-01, 12:02PM EDT Cleaning out-- I have a table with misc.Lumber 3'up to 16' long--3" up to 10"...
  10. dpanda

Table Saw by Jet - $100 (Wake Forest)

Not Mine http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/1143398767.html Table Saw by Jet - $100 (Wake Forest) Reply to: sale-79qez-1143398767@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Date: 2009-04-27, 9:33PM EDT Table saw made by Jet. Has fence & belt driven. Need to make room in the garage...
  11. dpanda

latest project

Nice design! I'm surprised nobody has suggested rubbing a little shoe polish over the wax. A little bit of brown or black will cover the white/tan wax, (that you are probably the only one who notices). If you don't have shoe polish crayons work also! With either shoe polish or crayons you'll...
  12. dpanda

Identify & Value These Planes Please

To me the second plane looks nicer. It looks to have the better handles, maybe rosewood. As for the price, I am not a pricing expert, and it has been several years since I bought my Baily planes. But if it's reasonable go for it! Dan
  13. dpanda

Thick AD Walnut

Wow that cross arch table has some curves! Those chairs look nice but by comparison they look like the tables younger sister!:wsmile: Maybe use the chairs basic design but with add a few curves! I do like the picture of the craftmanish trestle table and chairs. For me, that is more my style...
  14. dpanda

Thick AD Walnut

Hey Chuck, Good buy! Air dried walnut can be quite beautiful! I have some that's been drying for about 7yrs now. I better start thinking what to make with mine! Any plans for yours? Dan
  15. dpanda

Finally complete!

Nice looking table! I like the tile top and figured wood!
  16. dpanda

Paint suggestions for vinyl shutters

Outdoor latex paint works fine on plastic shutters. I have painted the shutters at 2 different houses I have lived at. The color will hold up better than the original shutters. The latex will expand with the shutters. My shutters have been the raised panel type, so they're easy to paint. It...
  17. dpanda

Foley Belsaw planer moulder

I don't know much about them, but great buy!
  18. dpanda

Daughter's new nightstand WIP...now with Draws

The wider legs definitely makes it look better than the original, and I think the overhang looks good! Dan
  19. dpanda

PB and Shop Cabinets

Susan, I would go with the 1x4's and 2x4's and luan. I think you'd be much happier with the results. I've made my shop cabinets with 1x12 pine for the cabinet sides and shelves, and made the doors with luan framed with pine. I've never spent a lot of time with the finish on the cabinets, at...
  20. dpanda

Double Your RAM for Cheap

I use Newegg for all my computer parts now. They have very fast delivery. The feedback rating system is also very helpful for helping you make a choice on what to buy. They also sell electronics and home appliances. I would check them out even if you plan to buy elsewhere. Thanks for the memory...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS