Foley Belsaw planer moulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
I had a guy call me this morning wanting to know if I want an old belsaw planer/moulder/rip-saw with a lot of different moulding knives. It is a 5hp machine and I have not looked it over to even find a model # yet. The motor does look almost new and he said that he had replaced it but don't know how long ago. The machine is in need of some tlc and cleaning. Does anyone have any experience with these machines? It planes 12&3/8" wide 6" thick. I just couldn't resist for $50. Anyone know what they are worth? Thanks for any info. Steve

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
I paid 10X that price for mine (used) and it's just got a 2hp on it. It's a good machine and the 5hp will make it even better. Every part you could need to replace or repair it is still available. Do a google search for Belsaw and you'll find the company site. That company has split up so the one you want is the one in CA. They did have a catalog online for parts and knives. I ordered a couple of knives from them and they seemed to have good CS.
Rob

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
From all I have heard, those were good machines, and the 5 hp motor should make it do anything you'd want, provided it's not 3 phase if you don't have that available. Even so it's a sweet price, and you could very likely turn a few bucks on it by finding it a home once you add the tlc. It'd also be a really sweet addition to any shop.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Re: Foley Belsaw planer moulder - extra knife sets?

I too have one of those machines that was given to me... great price. Mine is likely the 2 HP (220V), but I can't quite read the motor faceplate, so I am not certain.

I use it a a planer - my first - and I am quite happy with it. Compared to the only other planer I have used (a Ridgid lunchbox) this is quite heavy duty and it takes more space. I have not used it as a moulder (yet), and I only have one set of knives.

I may be interested in some of those knife sets, if you are not. Let me know if you have any available (once you assess the stock).

Henry

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'll double your money even without the motor anytime you like. :icon_thum

Ya done good to take that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS