Finally complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
just finished my tile top kitchen table. Brazilian lyptus finished with 3 coats Table Top Rock Hard Varnish (2 50/50, 1 full strength). Tile grouted in and throughly sealed.

From mock-up...
100_0784a.JPG

to completion!
IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG
IMG_13311.JPG

in it's final resting place, awaiting a matching bench (next on the list)
IMG_1358.JPG

It has been an educational project and a lot of fun - from design to real-life!
Dan

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Wow Way to GO! Your ROCK!

I remember seeing that cardboard table and thinking WHAT? Just never thought of making a cheap version to see if I like it, but then thought well better to do that and realize you don't like it then build something you don't like!

Anyway WAY TO GO, That table really does ROCK & am sure everyone loves using it!

dpsnyder

New User
Dan
I really built the cardboard table to see how I liked the proportions. :dontknow: That was before I disdcovered Google Sketchup! :widea: That program rocks! You can see if you like the proportions and overall look, make changes, and then pull dimensions off it for everything as a guide for building.

No more cardboard mock-ups for me!!! :eusa_clap

Dan

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Dan, wow and wow!

That table looks great. I really like the little, uhm, whats it called, flair outs? Like the ends of the aprons and bottom of the side slats.

Are you going to sell your prototype? I'm sure with a few coats of birds eye maple spray paint, you'd get top dollar :p

Jim

M

McRabbet

Nice work, Dan. Looks like you've been inspired by some Greene & Greene features and I'd say you pulled it off! Nice work on the tile, too. With that Rock Hard Varnish, it will be a family hierloom, for sure. We'll look forward to the bench, too

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Dan great job - I really like that tile look - I wanted to tile our kitchen counters but LOML said no - oh well maybe next time

nelsone

New User
Ed
Ya dun good Dan! That really came out well. The tones of the tile work really nicely with the wood.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
NICE job Dan! :swoon: I love the design! Everything came together very well. Beautiful work! :icon_thum

Trent

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great looking table, Dan!!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Sure looks substantial and am sure that you will continue to receive lot's of compliments on the great work!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS