4/4 Red Oak KD Lumber Run?

Which date works best for you for pickup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehardin

New User
Ed
Re: 4/4 Red Oakt KD Lumber Run?

Ok, another lumber buying virgin here... Put me down for 100 bdft FS...... Just dont tell my wife.....

:gar-La;

truckjohn

New User
John
John the lumber will be 4/4 thick, random width and 8' long I'm sure there will be some boards that meet what your looking for.

I was kinda worried about what I am looking for being too picky for the group lumber run.
If my request is better handled through your normal business.... PM me.

I have delusions of using it for a guitar.... so I need the width for the guitar back.... and the strong quartersawn to combat the large radial expansion/contraction rates of Oak.... to keep it from popping glue joints when someone takes it out camping...

If you don't mind the trouble of being picky....
Put me down for 8 boards 8"+ wide, QS and I will pay whatever board feet it comes out to....

Thanks

John

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there, Jeff & Scott.....

Please put me down for 200 BF of flat sawn.:wsmile:

Thanks a bunch!

Wayne

Last edited:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Jeff,
You can substitute whatever amount of QSWO you have for QSRO on my order if you have any.
Thanks!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Anybody need help w/transporting your lumber to Charlotte area?
I have a truck, you help w/gas and loading/unloading. I can add another 200bf to my load. PM me.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there, Jeff & Scott.....

Please put me down for 200 BF of flat sawn.:wsmile:

Thanks a bunch!

Wayne

I too, was wondering about when the LR would be.

Hadn't heard and wasn't added to the original list.

Sure looking forward to this run of fine RO!

Wayne

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jeff has been delayed a couple of weeks due to a new grandbaby! He's back in Raleigh now and slated to bring me a load of wood for the kiln soon.

Once I receive it, it will be about 30 days.

I'll also have some 5/4 QSWO available that I'm milling this weekend and early next week - probably up to 1,000 bd ft. I may have some 20" wide 5/4 QSRO available as well, if anybody is interested.

Either Jeff or I will update the thread as soon as we know for sure. Thanks much.

Scott

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the update.

I'm interested in the 5/4 QSWO that you're milling up. Do you know how much you'll be offering it for?

Thanks,
-Kevin

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Hey guys - I really have to apologize, my wife has been in CA for the past 10 weeks helping my daughter with my 2 year old granddaughter while she was carrying my grandson. Long story short my daughter was on bed rest and in the hospital several weeks because she went into premature labor @ 24weeks. I'm happy to say my grandson was delivered @ 30 weeks 10 weeks early @ 3lbs 7.5oz and is still in the NICU but doing very well, my wife is due home Aug 7th.

While my wife has been away I have been taking care of my teenage son and daughter. It's pretty rough doing the work of both mom and dad and because of this I have not had time to get out to the sawmill. However next weekend, I will be sawing so I should be able to get lumber to Scott Smith within the next couple weeks.

Please accept my apology... Family always comes first, before anything else... Thanks for your understanding.

I'll keep everyone posted in this thread as the lumber run moves along.

Thanks

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
congradulations on the new arrival Jeff!:eusa_clap hope all is well with mom and baby.:icon_thum

sawduster

New User
Robert
Woo Hoo Mr Mills :eusa_clap :banana:

Scott I would be interested in that wide stuff . Only a board or two unless there is a minimum
I see killer scrolling panels in those :icon_thum Wait 'till you see what I'm doing with the " diving boards " I got from Jeff some time back

congratulations again bro Jeff :icon_thum

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
congradulations on the new arrival Jeff!:eusa_clap hope all is well with mom and baby.:icon_thum

Thanks Fred - yep mom (my daughter) is recovering from her c-section and grandson is coming right along in the NICU there in San Diego Naval hospital. The nurse tried to get me to hold him before I left, but man he's so small and all, I said nah... I wait till he gets a little bigger.

Thanks

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeff, congrats on the new addition. Glad to hear all will be OK.

Please put me down for 50 BF FS

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Jeff has been delayed a couple of weeks due to a new grandbaby! He's back in Raleigh now and slated to bring me a load of wood for the kiln soon.

Once I receive it, it will be about 30 days.

I'll also have some 5/4 QSWO available that I'm milling this weekend and early next week - probably up to 1,000 bd ft. I may have some 20" wide 5/4 QSRO available as well, if anybody is interested.

Either Jeff or I will update the thread as soon as we know for sure. Thanks much.

Scott

Scott, I am interested in @25BF of 5/4 QSWO, maybe more. About how much per bf?

Thanks,
Matt

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Woo Hoo Mr Mills :eusa_clap :banana:

Scott I would be interested in that wide stuff . Only a board or two unless there is a minimum
I see killer scrolling panels in those :icon_thum Wait 'till you see what I'm doing with the " diving boards " I got from Jeff some time back

:icon_thum

There will be some available and no minimum. Can't wait to see pix of the "diving board" project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS