4/4 Red Oak KD Lumber Run?

Which date works best for you for pickup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I'm sure everyone understands. FAMILY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING WE HAVE.

Personally I don't care how long it takes. Though I think you should have held the little guy. Nothing like that new born comfort, just makes me warm all over thinking about it.

Just let us all know when you guys are ready.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Scott,
I am definitely interested in some 5/4 QSWO 20" wide piecesif you have any left depending on length I could use two or three boards.

Thanks,
Jimmy

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jimmy, thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, the only logs that I have that will produce a 20" QS board are red oak - not white, and it's the red oak logs that I'll be milling soon.

It takes about a 50" diameter log in order to produce a true 20" quartersawn board (I try not to include any pith wood in my QS boards due to their instability when drying).

In a few months, I may have a large white oak log (the one from Albemarle that I posted about last month), but that will be a few kiln roads down the road.

Scott

Scott,
I am definitely interested in some 5/4 QSWO 20" wide piecesif you have any left depending on length I could use two or three boards.

Thanks,
Jimmy

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jimmy, thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, the only logs that I have that will produce a 20" QS board are red oak - not white, and it's the red oak logs that I'll be milling soon.

It takes about a 50" diameter log in order to produce a true 20" quartersawn board (I try not to include any pith wood in my QS boards due to their instability when drying).

In a few months, I may have a large white oak log (the one from Albemarle that I posted about last month), but that will be a few kiln roads down the road.

Scott

Thanks Scott,

I think I'l wait for the WO. I'm thinking about making a Hay Rake style table down the road and looking for some wide boards for the top. I also bee looking for some other 5/4 WO, and I'm hoping to find some thicker stuff also, but I have about 200 bdft. of FSWO that I can glue up for thick legs if needed be.

Thanks again,

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Thanks Scott,

I think I'l wait for the WO. I'm thinking about making a Hay Rake style table down the road and looking for some wide boards for the top. I also bee looking for some other 5/4 WO, and I'm hoping to find some thicker stuff also, but I have about 200 bdft. of FSWO that I can glue up for thick legs if needed be.

Thanks again,

Jimmy, thanks for your interest. I'll have some 15" and under 5/4 QSWO coming out of the kiln in September; just not any of the 20" toothpicks...

TomM

New User
Tom
I need about 20BF of QS 4/4 red oak. A couple of questions:

1. Are requests still being taken for this run?
2. If so, is there a schedule for when the wood will be ready for pickup?

Thanks.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Bad News and Good News

Bad news first - I F...'ed my foot and today my doc told me to stay off my foot for a few more weeks. Yeah right... like I'm going to do that. I'll take it easy and all and won't be doing much work on it, till the bone heals up some and pain subsides a little. Besides I don't think it's a good idea running equipment, all jacked up on pain killers. I mean snorting sawdust is one thing but pain killers is something completely different.

Good News - I'm taking a load of oak down to Scott's tomorrow and Scott agreed to augment the remainder. So looks like things will be rolling again and thanks to Scott we will should be able to meet what was committed.

Thanks

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Bad News and Good News

Bad news first - I F...'ed my foot and today my doc told me to stay off my foot for a few more weeks. Yeah right... like I'm going to do that. I'll take it easy and all and won't be doing much work on it, till the bone heals up some and pain subsides a little. Besides I don't think it's a good idea running equipment, all jacked up on pain killers. I mean snorting sawdust is one thing but pain killers is something completely different.

Good News - I'm taking a load of oak down to Scott's tomorrow and Scott agreed to augment the remainder. So looks like things will be rolling again and thanks to Scott we will should be able to meet what was committed.

Thanks

And to add to Jeff's comments above - I've sawn a bunch of red and white oak, but flatsawn as well as quartersawn, and so we should have at least 3000 bd ft combined available.

Targeted kiln run date will be labor day weekend here at the farm.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Man I hope you're ok there Jeff. Never like to hear stuff like that.
My wishes are with you Dude.

MAC

timf67

New User
Tim
Scott,

I didn't see a price on the 5/4 QSWO? Let me know how much it is, and I may be interested in ~50 BF.

Also, if y'all ever get ahold of some Birch I would love to get some 8/4 boards.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Tomorrow I'll be going back and updating the first thread of this post with everyone's BF total - Labor day will be here shortly. I spoke with Scott yesterday and said "the oak is cooking nicely" ah there's nothing quite like the smell of fresh cooked oak :eek:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I updated the first post of this thread please have a look and post any corrections to the mistakes I made.

Thanks

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Is there any 5/4, either FS or QS, available for this run ? If so I could use about 30 bd ft.

Thanks,

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Is there any 5/4, either FS or QS, available for this run ? If so I could use about 30 bd ft.

Thanks,

Jimmy, no problem! I've got a couple of thousand board feet of 5/4 (green milled dimension) cooking in the kiln alongside Jeff's 4/4. FS, QS, RO and WO.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Just spoke with Scott, the lumber for this run will not be @ 6 ~10 % moisture content by labor day. Scott wants to give it till the following weekend to ensure moisture content consistency thought the entire load. Both Scott and I are ok will the lumber run being on Saturday Sept 12th or Sunday Sept 13. Please post which day you preferred (sat or Sun) we'll see which day is most popular and have the lumber run that day.

Please feel free to PM Scott or myself with any questions you may have

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS