Search results

1. S

Free metal panels

A few years back I had my crew disassembly a outside generator building in hopes of using the metal panels to build a solar kiln. But due to health problems that's not going to happen. With a little imagination and creative engineering these panels could be used for a lot of things. The panels...
  2. S

Problems with Finishing

Applying finishes to wood is where I have a lot of questions. I use our group info and I also found this web site, good info. http://www.seagravecoatings.com/Trouble2.htm
  3. S

Christmas Projects Completed

I finished a oak coffee table with a walnut stain for my DIL and a plaque made of curly maple with a metal cutout for my oldest grandson who got his first deer this year. His father ( my son ) made the cutout.:eusa_danc
  4. S

Glueing Metal to Wood

My grandson got his first deer this year. My son works with metal, so he cut out a deer silhouette and I'm going to inlay it into curly maple. I'm planning to use epoxy, or would something else work better?
  5. S

Matching End Tables

Tomorrow I should finish the matching end tables that go with the coffee table Cskipper posted earlier. After I drew plans for the Coffee & End Tables I made templates out of 1/4" hardboard. I used the hardboard to transfer to the wood for band sawing, routing, and to make sure all the through...
  6. S

Kudo's for Dewalt, Delta, & Porta Cable Service

I have a Porta Cable pancake type air compressor. Thursday morning it sounded different and I didn't have any air pressure. It had a small hole in the top and I could see metal. Broken rod. I took it to the factory service dealer in Greenville, SC. and they said they would call as soon as they...
  7. S

Sealing green wood

My neighbor and I cut some trees today and some of them were good size Wild Cherry. I'm out of Anchor Seal and will not be able to get any for a few day. What can use instead, something I can get at Lowe's?:-?
  8. S

Mold On Wood

I've had some Red Oak and Maple air drying in my shop for about 6 months. My shop has heat and A/C. I,m ready to use the wood, so I checked the moisture content and it's at 8%, but I notice on 1 board I had some white mold on it. When I ran it through the jointer the white is in some of the...
  9. S

Independence Day Shop additions

Retirement plus Cathy at work has given me some independence! :tool: :eusa_danc
  10. S

Grain Filler

I have some red oak that has been air dried and outside for several years. I moved it into my shop about 6 month ago to get it ready to use when I had time. I've gotten it ready to use on a coffee table with some hickory. The problem I have with the RO is it has a very open grain. What would I...
  11. S

I'm back

I haven't had much time in last 4 or 5 weeks to be on line since free time has been limited because of my job. Cathy and I did fine time today to buy a few new toys.
  12. S

2 Ladies, 2 Saws & a Pot

This is how I spent my Saturday with 2 lovely ladies. I hope it's worth it. I hope this worked I clueless about posting pictures. Guess I need Cathy to do it.
  13. S

Woodworking Equipment Auction

Cskipper and I was this in our local paper today. Thought some of you maybe interested. I don't have any idea of who this business was. The auction will be held at 1304 West Main St, Forest City, NC. Contact # (864) 578-5045. I hope I got the link correct...
  14. S

HVLP Sprayer

Woodcraft has this HVLP sprayer on sale for $99. I bought the same one at Harbor Freight about 3 months age, same price, and have not used it. Mainly because I have not had anything to spray and I really don't know what I'm doing. Has anyone used one of these and I could use some guidance and...
  15. S

Rosewood and walnut box

I've finished another box. This one is made with rosewood, walnut and curly maple. [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG][/IMG] [/IMG]
  16. S

New box

Here are photos of a box I made over the last week. [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]
  17. S

Don't do what I did.

Or should I say fell to do. I work out of town, so I only get to spend about one day a week in my shop if I'm lucky. Dw wanted some maple resawed for her trivets, so I go to the shop and start to set up my band saw when I saw something bad. Three weeks ago saw some green oak burl for DW and did...
  18. S

Photo Album

I've posted a few picture of my workbench that been in the works for about a year. Maybe when I get home to NC thing can be finished. Also I have a picture of a clamping station I built using a layout from Shopnotes. The clamping station work great. You Guy are great, at least Cathy doesn't talk...
  19. S

Just Joined

My wife and I love woodworking but, don't get enough time to enjoy our hobby. We live in Forest City but, I work for a large Electrical contractor and have been living in Anderson, S.C. for the past 2-1/2 years and only coming home on the weekends and I have another 2 years to go. She is into...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS