New box

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Here are photos of a box I made over the last week.

JewelryBox006.jpg
[/IMG]

JewelryBox005.jpg
[/IMG]

JewelryBox004.jpg
[/IMG]

JewelryBox003.jpg
[/IMG]

JewelryBox002.jpg
[/IMG]

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Beautiful looking box John.:icon_thum I love the DTs you used for this box. What finish did you use for the box? It looks great.

D L

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Very cool! :icon_thum It must have been fun trying to get the maple? hi-lites into the dovetails.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow! I was gonna post pics of my soon to be finished box in the next week. Now I'm gonna wait for the dust to settle.

It'd be pretty hard to compete with that level of craftsmanship!

Great job. :icon_thum

Chuck

DavidF

New User
David
Nice box, great design - again, like the dovetails, a touch that separates the men from the boys - when will I ever grow up...:lol::lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
John, that's awesome joinery! Even the thought of adding the contrasting wood to the DTs boggles my mind 8-O

The complete package: beautiful design and display of skill :eusa_clap

Sapwood

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
The box is rosewood with maple for the top and inlay. I cut the pin openings about 3/16" larger than the pins. I then cut strips of maple and glued on each side of the pin. This was cut using a Incra Dovetail jig, and the finish is a clear gloss wipe on poly.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
stoneskippers said:
The box is rosewood with maple for the top and inlay.

That wouldn't be some of the Rosewood you may have got at the Spring Picnic, would it??? If so how did it work, was it easy to remove the finish and plane it to normal stock????
Dave:)

dozer

Mike
Wow really nice detail on the dt's man i need to buy some tools and get my shop set up and start making some sawdust.

M

McRabbet

John, A superb job using beautiful materials that display your significant skills -- Cathy is a lucky lady in more ways than one!

Rob

DavidF

New User
David
stoneskippers said:
I cut the pin openings about 3/16" larger than the pins. I then cut strips of maple and glued on each side of the pin. .

Yeh, I've made that mistake too:lol::lol::lol: - Just kidding.........Lovely job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS