Photo Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
I've posted a few picture of my workbench that been in the works for about a year. Maybe when I get home to NC thing can be finished. Also I have a picture of a clamping station I built using a layout from Shopnotes. The clamping station work great. You Guy are great, at least Cathy doesn't talk me to death now because she has other sawdust makers.:eusa_danc

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Nice work on the bench, looks like it will be a masterpiece when finished. I also like the TV in the shop with football on.... nice touch but the phone has to go...:lol:

cskipper

Cathy
Don't let him fool you - the phone isn't connected! As for me talking him to death.....:slap: Guess who better add a bed to that workshop (and it isn't me!). It is a nice workbench. I'll get the hand-me-down.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Stoneskippers,

That is a beauty! :eusa_clap

Glad we got to see it before you start banging it up :roll:

With great envy and respect,
Sapwood

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Stoneskippers, Great job on the bench.:eusa_clap It looks like your base is nice and sturdy. I really like your joinery and the tool tray you incorporated into the top. Did you edge join the pieces for your top? If so, what is the thickness of the material you used? I am hoping to get around to building one for myself one of these days but I will have to figure out where to put it first. Thanks for sharing the pics.

D L.

Monty

New User
Monty
A year, huh? Your rate of progress on that project is astounding!!!

Here is what MY workbench project looked like one year ago:

maple.jpg

Of course, EVERYONE knows you have to let the wood acclimate to the shop for a while before you start using it... so I put it up on the lumber rack. You can see here it in this picture, up at the top:

IMG_0126.jpg

That picture was taken exactly two months ago. Since that time, I've made SIGNIFICANT progress! Let's see... I have, um.... :eusa_thin oh yea! I have totally rearranged the lumber rack ... used up some of the non-workbench related lumber, and redistributed the weight a little. :mrgreen: Pretty soon now, I think the wood will be just about ready to use!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, congrats on a great workbench! That is one project I really want to get done, but somehow just have not been able to get started on... :-?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
John, that is a fine bench:eusa_clap I have been looking forward to seeing your handcut DTs on the tail vice since you described them to me, in Hickory. I am in awe as to how you cut such straight and long pins, I can't even get a straight cut in 3/4" stock. Very impressive. What are the tressel legs made of? And is the top soft maple? Like Insomniac that is on my list of must do projects, but I haven't even bought the wood yet. I am still "acclimating" my wife's birthday present wood (her birthday was Aug. 31st). Thanks for showing the pics.

Dave:)

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
The top is hardmaple and I did use my ridgid jointer for the edges. The top boards are 2-1/2" thick and vary in widths. I routed 3/4" x 1" grooves in the edges and used 3/4" plywood for spline joints. I did the same on the ends, but did not glue the spline because of the wood expansion. To hold the ends on I cut slot in the bottom of the table and used a 3/8" x 7" bolt with nut & flat washer. I would advise anyone that going to build a table to get their vises and/or vice screws before dimensioning jaws, guilds, and slides. The placement of holes for the vice are a little tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS