Charlotte Carving Get Together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
A few people expressed an interest in getting together for a carving workshop.
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f29/another-bench-another-spoon-16863/
I'm willing to host if there is an interest.
We need to decide a date/time, what we want to carve, tools needed, materials, etc.
PS - Bring your own bandages and be prepared to sign a release/waver :eusa_doh::saw:

Also, is anyone interested in going to the Chip Carving workshop in Ashville on Sept. 13?

pete

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If I'm not on a trip to Alabama I would love to participate.

Anybody near Mt. Airy or Winston-Salem want to share a ride? I get 29 mpg on the highway.

Charlie,

Would you share a tip or three with us?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Depending on the date I am in. I am willing to carpool if anyone else from the Triangle wants to go too.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
OK - I guess we have to start somewhere!
How about Saturday, Sept. 27? Start around 10am. Go out for lunch around 1. Come back and carve some more. Just bring what you have (tools, wood. etc) and we can see which way it leads. No reason we all have to work on the same thing.

Just to be clear: This will not be me standing up teaching how to carve. I can start it off but it's mostly going to be carving and sharing info, techniques, etc.

And - Hopefully Charlie (ccccarving) will be there. He can really carve and I'm sure can teach us more than I can.

pete

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I'm interested, if I can make the date work (I've booked up so many weekends this fall it's sick)

FYI - The Southern Raleigh Shop Crawl is the 27th, I think.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I would be interested I have no Carving experience at all or tools for that matter but would love to learn.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Depending on the date I am in. I am willing to carpool if anyone else from the Triangle wants to go too.

Right now the date being discussed is 9/27, which won't work for me. But if it is a date that will work, I might make it and would share a ride if you were going also.

9/27 is the date for the crawl, which I am missing for a campout with my boys. Now a carving get together is tentatively scheduled; next someone will be giving away full sets of Pfiel gouges, but only on that day... :mrgreen:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I'll check with the master schedule to see if I'm free :-D My wife is enjoying me having weekends off more than I am :)

what would one need to bring? I don't have any carving chisels or wood suited for carving, just a desire to learn.

Badabing

New User
Joe
I'm in the same boat as Phillip...no tools, no suitable wood, no experience carving. But I would love to come and learn a little and watch everyone else go at it!

Right now my schedule is open on the 27th (as long as work schedule doesn't change, which it has a tendency to do sometimes)...

Pete, can you provide directions please?

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Did Anything come of this. Are you still planning on having the get together in Charlotte. I am actually very interested in learning. I want to be able to do the coasters and hillbilly chess set in the latest WoodCarvers Illustrated. I know it will probably take a few years but hey anything worth doing takes a while. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS