Charlotte Carving Get Together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Looks like a good time learning how to carve ... sorry I missed it -- I guess this just means I'll need a private lesson on carving one of these days, Pete!

MikeH

New User
Mike
Pete, Let me thank you again for hosting this! I learned that carving is a lot like turning, it's a VERY slippery slope ;-)

It was great to hang out with everyone and even get a little carving done!

I second the thank you Pete! Katie and I had a great time. We had to stop by Woodcraft on the way home to look at gouges and chisels.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I think he's waiting on the 15% bag sale! That and figuring out how to break into Katie's piggie bank!:gar-La;

Yes and Yes!!! She kept asking me if she could buy them with her money. :gar-La; I told he we needed to wait. What was I thinking????

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
You were thinking you'd be in big trouble when you got home if you had let Katie spend all of her money ;-)

MikeH

New User
Mike
You were thinking you'd be in big trouble when you got home if you had let Katie spend all of her money ;-)

Good point! I'm off to work in the gar.....shop. Pete's shop has inspired me to get it cleaned up. :notworthy:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It's always fun to meet old friends and make new friends, I think everybody had a great time at Pete's. Here is one of the practice carvings that a few folks worked on.
IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

And one more great photo of a Father enjoying watching his Daughter work.

IMG_3831.jpg

Rob

New User
Rob
Looks like an awesome time, and just gave me a great idea for a Christmas present for my son. He's into woodburning, I'll bet he would love to start carving.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
sorry I missed this one. Had to take care of some family obligations. I am in for another one next month. I will take a look at the sites and see what they have.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
sorry I missed this one. Had to take care of some family obligations. I am in for another one next month. I will take a look at the sites and see what they have.

Actually I know what I would like to do but will look to the experts to find out if it is beyond the reach of a newb.

In this month or last months woodcarving illustrated they have some drink coasters that my wife wants me to carve. Although I don't know if they would be used for coasters or not. :)

http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.com/issue44/Chip-Carved-Coasters.php

nelsone

New User
Ed
I haven't done any chip carving, but those may be a good project for the next gathering There were a couple folks that thought those were pretty neat.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sounds like a great time was had by all. I am sorry I had to miss it. :tinysmile_cry_t:

Can I make a suggestion? How about a sesssion or mini session at the Fall Gathering? It will give others a chance to watch AND it might motivate others to set up other Carving Get Together or Scrolling Get Togethers or Box Making Get Togethers. I think you get the picture.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Sounds like a great time was had by all. I am sorry I had to miss it. :tinysmile_cry_t:

Can I make a suggestion? How about a sesssion or mini session at the Fall Gathering? It will give others a chance to watch AND it might motivate others to set up other Carving Get Together or Scrolling Get Togethers or Box Making Get Togethers. I think you get the picture.

That sounds like a great idea!!

What ya say Pete and Ed? Are y'all coming to Asheville?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I don't think I'll be able to make the Ashville event but I would like to set up another carving day. I'm thinking Saturday, Oct.25.

The coasters from Woodcarving Mag is a good project. I'll be starting another relief carving so I'll probably be working on that . . . or maybe a chip carved box . . . or ???? :dontknow:

Is the date OK with ya'll ?

pete

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I don't think I'll be able to make the Ashville event but I would like to set up another carving day. I'm thinking Saturday, Oct.25.

The coasters from Woodcarving Mag is a good project. I'll be starting another relief carving so I'll probably be working on that . . . or maybe a chip carved box . . . or ???? :dontknow:

Is the date OK with ya'll ?

pete

I would love to be able to do those and get a good start on them. The 25th sounds like it would work. I am sure between now and then I can talk the wife in to some carving tools. I mean I am doing this for her and all. :rotflm:

I hate to make another Trip to WoodCraft..:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS