Search results

1. Pop

Herman - Nutcracker (almost)

The 'almost' is because they're modeled after the typical nutcracker characters but don't have the nut cracker capability. They're basically just characters I've created depicting different jobs/hobbies. Started these when I bought a old 1940's vintage wood lathe and really didn't know what to...
  2. Pop

Just a couple more lamps

Original fishing reel lamp.Picture of outboard motor lamp I saw on the net. Progress of my lamp as of 3/5/18 Top half of hinged motor body to show hollow area for electric connections, etc. Haven't been on for a while because of moving from the old country digs to a new house over the last 12...
  3. Pop

Magazine hole 'punch'

I know a lot of you, like me, are getting some of the magazines we subscribe to without the 3-holes punched in anymore. I was digitizing mine for a while and just boxing the originals but that was too time consuming. When they finally got about 20 issues ahead of me, I decided to make a hole...
  4. Pop

Deep sea reel

Got back out in he shop these past couple days since it's tooo darn cold for these bones to work outside for now. Decided to make a new lamp for the beach. Got out an old deep sea reel laying around for a while and decided it would make a good project. WHY!? Heck I don't know. Never did stick to...
  5. Pop

Update on pull box wall plate

I've finally gotten around to finishing the pull box wall plate I started last year. Been trying to finish projects around the house and pack for a possible move this year. Painted it red and made the decals from some supplies I get from a company called Micro Mark. If you're into model making...
  6. Pop

Mum's jewelry armoire

This is the third project in my Christmas build this year. The first two you all saw if you looked at my post in scrolling about the 2 plaques. The Navy and AAPA plaques for my son's. This is the jewelry armoire I'm making for my wife. It was supposed to be a surprise but since my youngest and...
  7. Pop

AAPA wall plaque

Got started early this year on my Xmas projects. Only 3 this year. An AAPA (American Academy of Physician Assistants) for my youngest and a Navy wall plaque for my oldest. Finally a floor model jewelry cabinet for my wife. The AAPA is first since it has so darn many small letters to cut out. (36...
  8. Pop

Another wall switch cover

Thought about this one while I was finishing the knife switch. It was called a Gamewell Box years ago. most are no longer functional if you find one. They were used as Fire Pull boxes, Police call boxes, Telephone junction boxes and once the technology for all three was more technical and...
  9. Pop

Wall switch cover

Been fascinated with some of the wall switch covers in some of the new home goods type magazines so I thought I'd try making one of my own. Thought of one of those knife switches you used to see in the old Frankenstein laboratories to bring the monster to life..but a smaller scale. Much smaller...
  10. Pop

Briggs motor lamp

I thought I had posted this project here back when I started it about 5-6 years ago. Guess not. It started as a pattern from Steebar and as always I had to add a twist of my own. I've made three and I don't think any two are alike. The second, I added tapered fins to. The third, I added the...
  11. Pop

Latest birdhouse fronts

Back in the shop after a 'vacation' because of back problems again. I know you've all seen the funky birdhouses in some of the catalogs we all get, but I decided to design my own. Since they're Disney I won't be selling them but rather giving them away (like usual) or just hanging them on the...
  12. Pop

ECO air station

I've always wanted one of these old 50's style air stations to put outside my shop. I'm trying to make the front of the shop resemble an old service station. The price how-ever, of one of these in working or even restorable condition run from $500 to $2500! Not in the budget. BUT the latest...
  13. Pop

Timing gear clock

After looking at the millions of catalogs we get every Christmas time, I kept going back to the one that showed the gear clock shown here and thinking it would be a great project with a little improvement. I can never leave anything alone my wife says. After drawing out what I wanted to do, I...
  14. Pop

Beer tap spacer

My son ask me before Christmas if I could turn him a round spacer for the taps on his beer frige. Seems the tap handles are getting so big and heavy that they didn't always go back far enough to turn the tap the whole way off. Not being one to ever 'keep things simple', I thought they needed...
  15. Pop

Desk/shop light

Saw this a while ago and was intrigued with the design. Found a set of plans over the Winter but wasn't able to get out in the shop to get started. As usual I can't let well enough alone so I'm modifying the original plans to suite me. Adding nuts and bolts head to pivot dowels and changing hot...
  16. Pop

Craftsman?

I guess I'm getting old and need to get into the 21st century but I've always been a Craftsman tool fan. I've got some Craftsman tools from back inthe 40's that are still working like new. My wood lathe - 1940, my metal lathe - Craftsman?Dunlap 1945, my drill press - 1954 Craftsman (was my...
  17. Pop

Another shaving set

Still working on the Xmas gifts for my son. This shaving set is turned from Ebony. 220, 400, 600, 1200 and then EE Cream. Followed by a coat of clear liquor....er a lacquer. My bad! I mean polish.
  18. Pop

Shaving sets

I thought I'd try the shaving kits that Penn State Industries has shown on the cover of the new catalog and see if they would be easy enough for Xmas gifts this year. I just ordered the hardware and brush at first and glued up my own chokecherry burl for the handles. Came out pretty nice and...
  19. Pop

Beach lamps

I needed some beachy lamps for our place at the shore and after looking around the net for ideas came up with these. All made from poplar scraps. Only cost was for the electrical stuff...$10. Floor lamp still needs painted but taking it down tot he beach now.
  20. Pop

Wood tripod legs

I've always wanted a wooden tripod for my camera but could never afford those commercially made... or get the OK from the boss to spend that kind of money on one. I had looked all over the net for plans that looked workable, not too heavy and actually looked nice. After going to the site...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors