Another shaving set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Still working on the Xmas gifts for my son. This shaving set is turned from Ebony. 220, 400, 600, 1200 and then EE Cream. Followed by a coat of clear liquor....er a lacquer. My bad! I mean polish.

Ebonyshavingset-small.jpg

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Now that's a real nice shaving set. BTW, I'm up for adoption if you don't mind making another set like that as a Christmas gift for a new son!:gar-Bi Where did you find the hardware for the project? I could really be persuaded to make something like that for myself. Looks absolutely great.:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
If I had a set like that I would go back to shaving every day. :wsmile:

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Looks great Mike! Glad to see you back! How's it going?
Not doin tooo bad. Had another disc inthe lower back go so I'm at an even 6 there now. Only 3 held together with hardware from ACE. Nothing new in the neck..but the year isn't over yet.LOL

You been back to the area lately? I might be selling/trading Ethel next car show season. Gettin harder to sit in her a drive it.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Now that's a real nice shaving set. BTW, I'm up for adoption if you don't mind making another set like that as a Christmas gift for a new son!:gar-Bi Where did you find the hardware for the project? I could really be persuaded to make something like that for myself. Looks absolutely great.:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers
Bruce...Got the hardware from Penn State Industries. If you just buy the hardware and not the complete kit you can get away with $7.98 - 8.98 for the individual pieces. The biggest drawback is the base of the brush uses a 21.3mm bit. You can use a 7/8" bit if you buy the chrome ring to put the brush into before you set it into the handle you turn. Check the site out. They're pretty popular this season.

Almost forgot...I just sold the first set on eBay for $48. I usually keep the first of every turning but was curious what I could get because of all the interest shown at breakfast last week to buy the set.

Last edited:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Not doin tooo bad. Had another disc inthe lower back go so I'm at an even 6 there now. Only 3 held together with hardware from ACE. Nothing new in the neck..but the year isn't over yet.LOL

You been back to the area lately? I might be selling/trading Ethel next car show season. Gettin harder to sit in her a drive it.

I've been to Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg for a few quick meetings but not down as far as you. Sorry about the back! I'm loving my new neck hardware. They got mine at Tiffany and Co. though:gar-Bi. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS