Beer tap spacer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
KC tap spacer - small.jpg My son ask me before Christmas if I could turn him a round spacer for the taps on his beer frige. Seems the tap handles are getting so big and heavy that they didn't always go back far enough to turn the tap the whole way off. Not being one to ever 'keep things simple', I thought they needed more than just a round spacer. Hence the RBBC on top and the card slot on the bottom so he could show what was on tap from his latest home brew. The tap shown is from our favorite 'haunt' down in Rehoboth, DE when we're down at the shore. Dogfish Head Brewing Co. Made most of it out of Mahogany and poplar. Now I have to make a spacer for the drip pan... bet it won't be plain either...

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Mike, the beer tap is cool, but the old truck and tool box in your avatar caught my attention. So I went to your gallery to get a better look. VERY NICE! :eusa_danc Looks like you've been bitten by the same "old tool bug" that got a lot of us. :gar-Bi

Bill

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
Agree, truck is awesome. Like Bill had to go to gallery and check it out. Being a professional woodworker and carpenter, I always thought it would be neat to work out of a truck like that. Especially given my company name.
Robb Parker
Heritage Woodwright llc

PS. Beer tap ain't too bad either.

Last edited:

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
As much as it pains me to tell you... I had to sell Ethel last summer. I had it for 11 years. Had a ball building it, showing it and driving it. Especially with all the heads it would turn and all the thumbs up and waves it got. But I've had degenerative arthritis ever since I was in my late teens and it's getting to the point it was a real chore to drive it. Soooo, after screening out about a half dozen possible buyers I settled on a fellow that only lives about 2 miles from me.. so I get visitation rights. LOL I forgot to mention... I got one heckuva wood shop and collection of antique tools out of it too. I'm going to slowly sell off some of the tools this Spring. It was just a show truck and because it had antique tags on couldn't be used as a daily driver.. not that I would have been able to drive it that often anyway. I sold the truck but kept the book I started on day one when I purchased it. It's full of pictures, stories, and some history of the Model A and what York, Pa. had to do with Ford and the US Post Office. That I'll pass down to the grandkids. Ethel has been on TV shows (The Woodsmith Shop), Sears tool catalogs, Car magazines, local newspapers and even got to one concours event here in York where it took 1st in the antique truck class. I had a super time building and showing it but .. as you get older you have to make choices sometimes. The new owner shows it too. OH.. almost forgot...it was made from mostly recycled oak flooring and oak skids. Hope you enjoys the pics.
Pop Ryan

Robb Parker

New User
Robb
Mike, It was an honor to view just the photos you have. A great deal of appreciation for your fine work. Sure it was a tough choice to let her go, but I very well know sometimes life tugs. Greatful you gave me the chance to view!
Robb

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
What a great story, Mike. Thank you for sharing it w/ us, and I know the grandkids will cherish the "book of Ethel".

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS