Mum's jewelry armoire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
This is the third project in my Christmas build this year. The first two you all saw if you looked at my post in scrolling about the 2 plaques. The Navy and AAPA plaques for my son's. This is the jewelry armoire I'm making for my wife. It was supposed to be a surprise but since my youngest and his wife were looking for one to buy and kept asking her questions, I had to break down and show her I was making one so she would tell them to find something else. Anyway.. I'm using some polar I got when my neighbor resided his old farm house. It was pretty rough and some planks were pretty warped but I managed to get 10 nice board from 6-9' long and 8-9" wide before he burned most of it up. I planed it all down to boards 3/4, 1/2 and 3/8 thick. door closed on base.jpg The first shot is of the whole unit (base and storage). It stands 50" tall. The base is 20" tall. The legs are oak from a previous project that never got far off the ground. No pun intended... My wife didn't like the ones you could buy because they were all so short and still had drawers all the way on the bottom. door open 1.jpg This shot obviously shows the storage section open. I added all the small hooks I had and still need about a dozen more to fill the door compartment. drawers open 1.jpg I still need to make the large drawer at the bottom. The first 7 are 9-7/8 x 2" tall. The next one down is 4" tall and the last will be 5-1/2" tall. They're all 7" deep. I plan to line the all with felt or satin too. The top drawer will have a 2 split pads to hold rings. One thing she doesn't have many of. Been taking advantage of the 60 degree weather we've been having and actually had both doors of the shop open to work. Looks like starting tomorrow the weather will be heading down to a more normal temperature range.

Last edited:

thsb

New User
Tim
looks great! and it is cool that she is telling you what she wants so that she gets what she wants in the end. great stuff!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Pop, you talked about the drawer finishing; what are your plans for finishing the wood? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Pop

New User
Pop Ryan
Ray... I left the finish decision up to Mum. She'd like it painted a light grey or possibly blue? I have a week to change her mind about the blue... LOL I'm not plugging or filling any of the old nail holes used to mount the old siding though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS