Search results

1. MikeF

Bending Wood

I need to make a piece of trim (2x2) that will fit an arch around the top of a window. This will be on the exterior of the building and made from pressure treated wood. Is it better to laminate thin strips and bend/glue, or make the arch out of sections and cut the arch to shape? Are there any...
  2. MikeF

Any Treehouse Experts?

I have started building a treehouse for my boys. It is suspended between two large pine trees. The platform is approx 16' x 8'. The trees are about 8ft apart and the house sits on the platform between the trees. I got the PT lumber from the BORG, and based on their specs, the whole thing...
  3. MikeF

New Incra Miter Gauge

Looks like the new Incra Miter 1000HD is the reason the SE has been on sale recently. I just bought the SE for $99 from Woodpeckers. The new HD is listed as $189. :eek: The difference is the number of angle stops (180 vs 41)
  4. MikeF

ZiLock.com

An Interesting site. Their tag line is "Rent Anything Online!" http://us.zilok.com I have not used them, just thought I'd pass along the link. -mike
  5. MikeF

Incra TS-LS-WF

After watching the demos on YouTube ( Incra TS-LS-WF ), this system looks very impressive, but I have read a few reviews that were... not negative, but not overly impressed. Does anyone have the Table Saw/Router/WonderFence system? Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks, -mike
  6. MikeF

Gift from a Child

I am on the Missions team at my church and last November we built a wheelchair ramp for five year old Cameron, who has Cerebral Palsy and a rare kidney disease. A couple of weeks ago we had a dedication for the ramp and as a way to say thank you, Cameron gave us a letter and ALL the money he had...
  7. MikeF

Swing Arm Saw

First time I have seen one of these. Seems to me that the blade would swing up and toward the operator. How would this be used? It is a listing on eBay and part of the description says: "These saws are no longer allowed by OSHA in commercial shops" Can't imagine why. :eusa_thin
  8. MikeF

Needs TLC...

... but $9.99 at the moment w/ Free Shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180321252926
  9. MikeF

Which Router Fence?

I am looking for a new Fence for my router. I have a Jet table saw that has the router table built into the extension, like this one.. Which fence would you recommend for this type of setup? I looked at the Woodpeckers super fence, but am not sure how that would mount on this type of setup...
  10. MikeF

Changing Jointer Knives

I have a small Delta benchtop jointer and it was time to change the knives. Unfortunately, one of the allen bolts is stripped. I have tried multiple allen wrenches with no luck. Would appreciate your thoughts/experience on the best method for releasing the bolt. Thanks, -mike
  11. MikeF

Woot!

Just thought I'd pass this along... If anyone is familiar with Woot.com, here is a clone site specifically for tools. It's a "Deal-a-Day" site and has some pretty good prices from time to time. http://www.tooliday.com/ -mike
  12. MikeF

Automatic Switch

Hi All, it has been a while since I posted, I have been out of town quite a lot lately. I know this subject has come up in the past and just thought I would pass along an interesting article from design news website. Advertisement (Click on "Skip this ad") Mike
  13. MikeF

Carolina Water Ash

We went to the Museum of Natural History today. (Still trying to get to know the area), and of course, I had to stop by the area that displayed native NC trees. I will post the others in my gallery, but there was one that stood out to me. The Carolina Water Ash. It has beautiful growth rings...
  14. MikeF

Missing Post

I got an email that cskipper had posted to the thread: "Network set-up help needed" "Dear MikeF, cskipper has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Network set-up help needed - in the Computer/Internet Help forum of North Carolina Woodworker." The post is not listed...
  15. MikeF

NYW Router Table

I bought the plan for the Router Table from New Yankee Workshop, and I know some of you have also built this. I am looking for recommendations on the type of kits to use. (Router plate, hardware kit's etc) It seems there are several different options to purchase on Rockler's site. I was hoping...
  16. MikeF

Hall Bench - WIP (...an understatement)

Here is the next project. I started this about three years ago, right before we moved to FL. I am building this for freinds, and the bench was originally built to fit a very tight space in their hallway. They have since moved house since and have decided to change the color since it has been so...
  17. MikeF

LCD Stand - WIP

Since I know you are all so fond of pictures and since I am delinquent in posting any, here you go.... My In-Laws were over for the holdiday weekend and mentioned that they were looking for a monitor stand that could fit their 20" LCD TV and the cable box underneath, they had been to all the...
  18. MikeF

Design Template

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but for all those who use Visio, here is a Woodshop Layout stencil that can be used with Visio. Harvey Chute - Wood Shop Visio
  19. MikeF

Dewalt Recall

FYI. This story was also in the N&O today. All Headline News - Injuries Prompt Recall Of 134,000 Dangerous DeWalt Saws - November 12, 2006
  20. MikeF

Tool Store - Just FYI

Hi All, Just Thought I would pass along this link for a tool store down in Fort Lauderdale that I used to visit quite often when I was down there. They ship to anywhere and have great deals from time to time. International Tool Corp. - woodworking tools from Dewalt, Porter Cable, Makita & more.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS