Gift from a Child

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeF

New User
Mike
I am on the Missions team at my church and last November we built a wheelchair ramp for five year old Cameron, who has Cerebral Palsy and a rare kidney disease. A couple of weeks ago we had a dedication for the ramp and as a way to say thank you, Cameron gave us a letter and ALL the money he had in his piggy bank.

I felt compelled to make a frame for Cameron's letter...

So here it is... I have only made a handful of frames before, It is made from Walnut and Cherry. Finished with Tung Oil and paste wax.

Thanks for looking.

-mike

P1070843.JPG

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Wow, Mike. It's really great that you were able, and more importantly, willing to help Cameron. You are a special person who deserves far more than Cameron's money. But then, you already know that.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Mike that is way too cool! I am amazed by how big the hearts of children can be.

Kudo's to you and your team for helping him.

Nice frame btw.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Great frame and more importantly great ministry! Well done. I love seeing the hearts of kids like Cameron. My daughter would also gladly give all the money in her piggy bank if someone needed it. Just awesome.

Keep up the good work!

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Very touching...very cool story!!!! I like the frame and think it looks great, especially with the matched wood!!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike, an awesome story and a great jesture of giving. Thanks for sharing.

MikeF

New User
Mike
Thanks for the kind words guys. Cameron is a great kid and I had fun making the frame for his letter. The one problem I did have (as mentioned in another recent post) was the bottom rail is sapwood and is badly mismatched with the rest of the frame. I didn't think it would be that bad until I got the first coat of oil on it. :eusa_doh:

-mike

PChristy

New User
Phillip
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clapthis is a great thing you and your team done for Cameron - well done:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap great job on the frame as well:icon_thum

JohnW

New User
John
Mike, You and Men's Ministry deserve to have a friend as nice as Cameron.

Thanks for the inspirational story. :icon_thum

sawduster

New User
Robert
Man , this one choked me up just a little :embaresse

The unexpected rewards are often the most precious.

You, sir , totally rock and you build a darn nice frame too ! :notworthy: ( wish I could do that )

My hat's off to you for making a difference :icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Mike, there are so many great gestures in this post, I don't know which way is up. :eek: Beautiful looking frame and kudos all around. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS