Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeF

New User
Mike
I got an email that cskipper had posted to the thread:

"Network set-up help needed"

"Dear MikeF,
cskipper has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Network set-up help needed - in the Computer/Internet Help forum of North Carolina Woodworker."

The post is not listed in the thread. Am I missing something?

Also, the first post in the thread is "Re: Do you work in IT and if so what do you do?"

The others are: "Network set-up help needed"

Just trying to understand.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
The first post was moved from another, mostly unrelated, thread. I forget whether there is an easy way to change the name of the moved post, but any follow on posts to that one have the new name.... time to go playing :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I moved B4man's post about computer help that was tagged on to the end of the "Do you work in IT..." thread, and gave the new thread a new title. Her post became the begining of the thread but still holds it's original topic title.
I don't know what is going on with Cathy's post :dontknow:

Dave:)

MikeF

New User
Mike
OK, thanks. I understand that part now. I wasn't sure if the missing post and the thread title change were related.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I got an email that cskipper had posted to the thread:

"Network set-up help needed"

"Dear MikeF,
cskipper has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Network set-up help needed - in the Computer/Internet Help forum of North Carolina Woodworker."

The post is not listed in the thread. Am I missing something?

Also, the first post in the thread is "Re: Do you work in IT and if so what do you do?"

The others are: "Network set-up help needed"

Just trying to understand.
Cathy removed the post. That's why it is no longer there. If you look in the moderator's log, you can see the action. I think Cathy thought better of her post.

MikeF

New User
Mike
I think she is close to getting it resolved. It is a matter of configuring Outlook with the correct server settings. It looks like her company may be using SBS2003 as her exchange server was listed as the domain name.

She can connect to the VPN fine, but from the error messages she was getting back, it would seem that the problem is with her config. This is not something she uses everyday, so it didn't just stop from one day to the next. There may have been config changes with her network since the last time she connected.

I went through a few things to check with her and she is going to follow up with her IT contact at her company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS