Search results

1. T

User name mysteriously changed

My user name appears to have from "thrytis" to "thrytis15nc". I'm not sure when it happened, but it must have since the last time i was logged out since i wasn't able to log in again with the original user name. Was there a reason for this change? Thanks!
  2. T

Correcting moisture issues in floor

I'm in the process of replacing my living room carpet with bamboo flooring. The subfloor is a concrete slab. When i pulled up the carpet, i discovered the floor around an outside door is damp and the sill rotting. I knew there were some issues there which i though was caused by hole in the...
  3. T

How Digital Calipers Work

I've wondered how the digital calipers work, mainly to try to figure out if it would be possible to modify the cheap $10 HF calipers on a planer or router lift rather than by the expensive versions that are made for those purposes. I found this video that shows disassembly of a pair. (The...
  4. T

AO Safety/3M Tekk 90541 WorkTunes for $25 at Amazon

Amazon has the AO Safety/3M Tekk 90541 WorkTunes AM/FM Hearing Protector with Digital Tuning and MP3 Input currently at $35.99 with an additional 30% discount that shows up at checkout, bringing the total to $25.19. To see this price you have to add it to your cart and then click on checkout to...
  5. T

Changing Table - Finished!

After almost six and a half years, i finally finished my changing table project! It has been in use now for about nine months, but i was still working on the drawers, doors, and knobs. I would have done a lot differently if i was starting it today, but overall i'm pleased with how it turned...
  6. T

Shellac color consistency?

Is color across different shellac sellers pretty consistent, or is there likely to be noticeable color differences between say J.E. Moser orange shellac and Shellac Finishes' orange shellac? I realize it is a natural product so there probably is differences just between batches of the same...
  7. T

3M 7500 Respirator kit $13 at Ollie's B&M

Ollie's Bargain Outlet in Concord has the 3M 7500 respirator kit for $12.99. It includes the respirator, 4 P95 particulate filters (#5P71), 2 organic vapor cartridges (#6001) & 2 retainers (#501). A link to the kit at another online site is here for reference. They had small, medium, and...
  8. T

4x8 folding trailer, $111 9/25 at Northern Tool

Northern Tool in Concord has their demo day going on. They have their 4' x 8' folding trailer on sale for $111. I think this is basically the same as the HF one, and probably this one without the tires. There are two boxes which are pretty small - you shouldn't have a problem fitting them in...
  9. T

Worksharp 3000 $155

Tyler Tool has the Worksharp 3000 on sale until 16 August for $149.95 plus $4.95 shipping with the code tt081310. Sale information can be found here.
  10. T

Worksharp 3000 - $155

In case you missed the last sale, Tyler Tool has the Worksharp 3000 on sale until 20 April for $149.95 plus $4.95 shipping with the code tt041610. Sale information can be found here.
  11. T

Last minute project supplies

Discovered that you need some supplies quickly to finish a Christmas project but don't have the time to make the trip to a woodworking store? Woodworker's Supply has a $1 shipping (see their front page, no code needed, no minimum) until December 22nd. They always shipped UPS, and since they...
  12. T

Target Coatings 30% off plus some items free shipping

Target Coatings has a code DEC1809 for 30% off. In addition, some items have free shipping, such as gallon sizes of their EmTech 6000 lacquer. A gallon shipped is only $30.80. There is free shipping on some other items too - just look for the red oval saying "Limited Time Only Free Shipping".
  13. T

Changing Table - WIP

I'm currently working on a changing table, based on a plan from Amateur Woodworker with various modifications. It is a dresser design so it'll be useful beyond having a baby in diapers. A picture from the plans (not mine): I don't want to paint it like the original plans, so i decided to go...
  14. T

Woodcraft Free Shipping

Woodcraft is currently offering free shipping through July 23. Check their clearance section for some deals. Some that i thought looked interesting: Children's toolset for $4.99 - real tools, just smaller for kids. Kreg large face clamp for $12.99. Kreg bench klamp with mini jig for $19.99...
  15. T

Rockler deals - router bits and more, free shipping

Rockler is currently offering free shipping through July 15th with code V9772. They have a bunch of router bits on sale, including this molding bit for $5. A few other items to encourage needless spending: Great Wood Finishes by Jeff Jewitt for $13. Not a steal, but cheaper than Amazon and...
  16. T

$1 S&H at McFeely's

From a Wood Magazine ad, McFeely's is offering $1 shipping and handling on any order through August 31, 2009 using the keycode M9SAWDM.
  17. T

Woodworker's Supply Spring Store Sale

Woodworker's Supply has their spring sale May 1st and 2nd. Details are a bit vague, but it includes scratch and dent, 10% off Freud blades and Bosch products, and "up to" 20% off on Porter-Cable, Dewalt, Delta, Steel City, Makita, Bench Dog, and KV. There is also a $10 off $100 coupon you can...
  18. T

Woodcraft Magazine, 1 yr $4.94, 2 yrs $9.09

BestDealMagazines has Woodcraft Magazine for $5.95 for a one year subscription, and $10.95 for a two year subscription. Apply code VALUE17 for 17% off those prices, making it $4.94 for one year and $9.09 for two years. Disclaimer: I have never used BestDealMagazines before, so i can't vouch...
  19. T

Woodcraft Free Shipping

Woodcraft is offering free shipping until 4/16 (not including excess weight items). A few things that may be of interest: 3 piece dovetail router bit set for $5.29 (discussed before here). Router bushing set for $19.99. The nice thing about these bushings is that they are only 0.24" long...
  20. T

Parallel Clamps at Peachtree

Peachtree has a special on their parallel clamps (Parallel Pro) buy two get two of the same size free. Four 15" clamps are $57.98 Four 27" clamps are $61.98 Four 39" clamps are $71.98 Shipping looks to be about $11 for four clamps. I have no experience with these clamps, but it seems like a...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS