Changing Table - Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrytis

New User
Eric
After almost six and a half years, i finally finished my changing table project! It has been in use now for about nine months, but i was still working on the drawers, doors, and knobs. I would have done a lot differently if i was starting it today, but overall i'm pleased with how it turned out and looking forward moving on to other half finished projects.

For the background and work in progress pictures, check out this thread.

It is made out of maple, finished with orange shellac for color and EM6000 lacquer. The color isn't my favorite, but it turned out to be a pretty good match for the crib we bought. The drawer/door knobs i made by taking some cheap plastic figurines, drilling a hole in the back, and attaching to a dowel with a threaded hole.

changing-table-finished-1.jpeg

changing-table-finished-2.jpeg

changing-table-finished-3.jpeg

decibel

New User
Patrick
Looks nice and glad you finished it my son won't need a changing table by the time I get to making his.

Color looks like it would fit in with other maple finished furniture we have here too so I think the color accomplished what you were trying to do. Looks like you got plenty of storage and I actually think the pulls are great for that piece.

Thank you for sharing :thumbs_up

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work, Eric!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Looks like a very solid piece of furniture destined to become a family heirloom.

That finish really suits the maple to a T.

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
The changing table looks great. :icon_cheers But. . . um. . . after six and a half years, how big is the kid you made it for? Or were you just planning that far ahead? :rotflm:

Bill

thrytis

New User
Eric
The changing table looks great. :icon_cheers But. . . um. . . after six and a half years, how big is the kid you made it for? Or were you just planning that far ahead? :rotflm:

Bill

The kid i made it for is six now, long out of diapers. We have a second kid now who is making use of it now, so i'll just claim i was planning ahead. :wink_smil It'll get used as a dresser after the diapers are gone too.

TedAS

New User
Ted
Eric
Nice work!
with this craftsmanship even when your youngest out grows it it will be ready for the grand kids..

Looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS