Search results

1. N

Anybody interested in a painted cabinet job?

Anybody interested in a medium sized job for a mudroom? Schedule/time and the paint requirements keeps me from doing it. Must have some samples of your Acrylic (or equivalent) based painted work. Target color = some kind of off-white/cream Give me a PM if you're interested. I will install...
  2. N

Recent built-in cabinet projects

Well after I got down with the Bamboo cabinets (http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54311) , I got the bug to do more built ins. Family room upgrade. Entertainment equipment behind doors. Fireplace with granite and stacked stone. Infinity P153's behind grilles that I made from...
  3. N

What I did with that $275 per sheet Bamboo Plyboo.....

Hey folks, Here was the previous thread that described how I procured this Bamboo plywood. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50205 So the Plyboo was very flat, stable, dense, and took a 1/8" radius easing bit just fine with minimal precautions against tearout. Due to the...
  4. N

$325 per sheet bamboo plywood...Huh?

Searched far and wide and the cheapest I can get 2 sheets of 3/4 Bamboo Plywood is $650. Wurth no longer stocks anywhere and their pricing and shipping is the "We really don't want to sell it" range. The price above is from CaliBamboo and I even hear some grumblings about it. Jackson...
  5. N

Why does my Blum hinge have 6mm less overlay than drlled for??

Well the obvious answer is that I'm screwing something up since this is my first attempt with 35mm hinges. So I want approximately 7mm of overlay. I go to the spec sheet for 70T555 120deg hinge I had purchased a 9mm mounting plate so I use that row and select the 7mm overlay and I determine...
  6. N

Long term review of 9$ BLUM knockoffs (undermount soft close)

So hard to believe it's been 2.5 years since this closed thread on a cheap alternative to Blum Blumotion undermounts ==> http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28597&highlight=ncguy77 The net is that 2.5 years later, the slides are still functional and work like the day I put them...
  7. N

Has anybody made bamboo drawer fronts?

Planning to make simple slab drawer fronts using 3-ply 3/4" Plyboo. Anybody have any experience or tips for the cleanest results?
  8. N

LocalRaleigh source for maple applied molding?

Making some hard maple inset panels and I'd like to get some applied molding locally (Raleigh) if possible. Looking for something like this.
  9. N

Is there such a cabinet part like this??

I have a large sliding panel that will be sliding close by other fixed panels. I'm wondering if there is such a thing like a small recessed roller that I can inset into a panel so as they slide by they dont rub against each other. Does this part exist and have a name? I'm thinking of...
  10. N

Where to buy biscuit blade near Apex?

I need a generic Feud/CMT blade for my Dewalt biscuit joiner today and calls to big boxes came up dry. Anybody know where I can find one local?
  11. N

Searching for shop to do small production runs (at first)

I have an idea for a niche furniture product that I'm hoping would grow to volumes that make financial sense. I'm looking to find a shop that would entertain doing short production runs. At first it might be as small as 5-10 pieces a run. The production cost per item is in the range of...
  12. N

A 7M$ "no compromises" Greene & Greene house....Fine Homebuilding Video

This thing is pretty maxed out. But it should be at approx $1300/sqft. Maybe the only thing missing is a Blacker house porte cochere Stained glass Huge timbers Massive Gamble quality stairway & entrance River stone and clinker brick Pegged, splined, fumed, and waxed millwork...
  13. N

Grizzly 1023 aftermarket splitter suggestions

I actually still use the 10+ year old original blade guard on my G1023. However it is quite flimsy and I'd like to make a safety upgrade. Is there any real alternative to the Shark Guard at $150? The cost id OK the only thing that gives me pause is that the rear end of plastic doesn't fully...
  14. N

Suggestions on new console design

Planning on making something like pictured below but with some changes. 1) A G&G cloud lift in the main horizontal stretchers 2) Espresso color (Maple/poplar/etc) 3) Maybe some edge treatment on glass edge 4) hopefully significantly cheaper than the $1000 price tag of the one below Questions...
  15. N

WTB: Rail/Stile bit - Whiteside 6001 or Freud 99-260 or Amana

Do you want to sell a rail/stile bit that you used for one project and now clogging your drawer? Need Rail/Stile bit with simple 1/4" radius bead Whiteside 6001 Freud 99-260 Amana 55420 Can buy the Whiteside for $90 new http://www.woodworkersworld.net/stile_rail_bits.shtml
  16. N

FYI....interesting design ideas for furniture in Cary

So was out last week a bit with wife looking for a piece of upholstered furniture. Ran across a store called Nowells on E.Chatham St near 40 in Cary. The store has an interesting mix of contemporary, Scandanavian, and Asian pieces. There was some real nice examples of good woodworking...
  17. N

12 Baltic Birch drawers

BID ENDED 1/18/2009 So here are some drawers that I need to complete a recent project. I have bought 20+ drawers from UDB in the past but they are quite expensive when you have to add another bunch for shipping. My opinion of the UDB drawers are that they look good, are solid, and quite...
  18. N

Has anybody used CSH $9 undermounts??

So has anybody used these 9$ undermounts with a CSH label? They even come with the front clips for that price. They look like Blum knockoffs but I dont see a PDF for them. Thinking they may be a good choice for a low load/frequency in a walk-in closet. The validity of this link is suspect...
  19. N

Jim from Apex

Electrical engineer by trade. Built my own house (except foundation/drywall/roof) in 1989. 4 BR victorian with stained 4" fluted HR Maple casings throughout. 2x6 outer walls. Did 100 sqft of corian counter top for kitchen refurb a few years ago. Got material from solidsurfacesurplus before...
  20. N

Raleigh source for drawer fronts?

Six months ago i looked in vain for a local Raleigh source for custom sized drawer fronts. I ended up ordering from a small shop online and all though the price was right ($17 for beaded poplar frame + MDF flat panel insert) I was fairly disappointed in the quality I got. The main issue was...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS