Has anybody used CSH $9 undermounts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
So has anybody used these 9$ undermounts with a CSH label?
They even come with the front clips for that price.
They look like Blum knockoffs but I dont see a PDF for them.
Thinking they may be a good choice for a low load/frequency in a walk-in closet.

The validity of this link is suspect.
Alternatively you go to ...
main page > slides > ball bearing > concealed undermount > 100# Soft Close > CSH3300
http://www.cshardware.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;products_no_tree?cat=4114

39-3300-slide.jpg

M

McRabbet

Jim,

I've never used these slides, but I have had good results from all of the other drawer slides I've gotten from CSH. That includes full extension 100# side mount and their less expensive Euro slides. They are a good company to deal with.

NH2NC

New User
Eric
Jim,
(just curious) $9 a pair?...... That's cool :icon_cheers

I would assume that for $9 they are not soft close technology though?

You're right, this might be a great substitution to the Blum on non-critical projects...

Thanks!

ncguy77

New User
Jim
I would assume that for $9 they are not soft close technology though?
In fact these $9 slides are in a page section called "Soft Close" so indeed they may be soft close. I have requested a PDF drawing from CSH.

At first glance this does seem like a great deal for $9 and the "unit of measure" is a SET so I'm pretty sure it is $9 for a L/R pair. Also I'd probably chance a purchase instead of asking them if they have a pricing mistake. I'm going to assume they are doing their job correctly.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Good people! I use their products and always stop by and "Dumpster Dive" in their junk pile when i go up there to visit family. Sometimes they have opened/returned/freight damaged/wierd product specials that they have great pricing on but you have to ask on the 800 number. Make sure you order screws as most of their low priced slides don't include them.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
I received a very blurry, pixelated, and undetailed PDF drawing of the CSH3300 today from CSH but from what I can decipher it appears to be a Blum Tandem clone. I'm at least going to order a few sets.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
Received a set of 18" today.

Impresions:
Direct drop in replacement to a Blum 562H.

CSH Steel as heavy as Blum

Blum steel glossier and smoother.

CSH generic piston and springs about 2/3rds the length of Blum.

I removed a set of 18" Blums w/blumotion 562H from an existing built-in cab that I made a few months ago and the installed these new CSH set of slides and they lined right up to the existing Blum screw holes in the cabinet carcass.

The CSH slides clipped into the existing Blum clips that were on the drawer underside (BTW, the 9$ CSH slides comes with a pair of front clips for free)

Initial CSH pullout resistance seems a little "scratchy" compared to silky Blum but most people wouldn't notice.

Biggest difference is when you throw close the drawer. In the final inches the Blum blumotion seamlessly grabs the drawer and silently pulls close. The CSH generic slide in the final inches has an approx 1/16" jump/rattle when the closing mechanism takes over and than there is a very soft creaking/springy sound as the drawer pulls close. Speed of pullin about the same. Haven't done a full-loaded drawer test.

For my intended application (two 4-drawer lowers in a walk-in closet) I think I'll be trying out a set of 8 to see how well they last.

Total savings of about 18$ per slide+clips (27 vs 9) factors out to $144 savings on the set of 8.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
Put in 8 pair of these cheap slides today and mounted drawers. No difference in mounting than the Blums. Saved albout 2/3rds ($150) versus the Blums but only time will tell if its a longterm savings.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Received a set of 18" today.

Impresions:
Direct drop in replacement to a Blum 562H.

CSH Steel as heavy as Blum

Blum steel glossier and smoother.

CSH generic piston and springs about 2/3rds the length of Blum.

I removed a set of 18" Blums w/blumotion 562H from an existing built-in cab that I made a few months ago and the installed these new CSH set of slides and they lined right up to the existing Blum screw holes in the cabinet carcass.

The CSH slides clipped into the existing Blum clips that were on the drawer underside (BTW, the 9$ CSH slides comes with a pair of front clips for free)

Initial CSH pullout resistance seems a little "scratchy" compared to silky Blum but most people wouldn't notice.

Biggest difference is when you throw close the drawer. In the final inches the Blum blumotion seamlessly grabs the drawer and silently pulls close. The CSH generic slide in the final inches has an approx 1/16" jump/rattle when the closing mechanism takes over and than there is a very soft creaking/springy sound as the drawer pulls close. Speed of pullin about the same. Haven't done a full-loaded drawer test.

For my intended application (two 4-drawer lowers in a walk-in closet) I think I'll be trying out a set of 8 to see how well they last.

Total savings of about 18$ per slide+clips (27 vs 9) factors out to $144 savings on the set of 8.

Thanks for the review, I will surely remember this. Let us know how the work out after 4-6months or longer~!

Thanks again~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS