LocalRaleigh source for maple applied molding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
Making some hard maple inset panels and I'd like to get some applied molding locally (Raleigh) if possible.

Looking for something like this.

decorative_edge_cap.jpg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
That could probably be done on a router table in several passes, which may be ok depending on how much of it you need.

- Ken.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
Agreed....now i just need the appropriate router bit, router table, and an AC unit in my garage this weekend.;)

Kinda doubted that I'd find what I asked for but the asking was free.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Did you try Wurth lumber or The Woodworking/Moulding Source (if you don't need it tommorow)? Or maybe Capital Lumber on Hillsborough?

HTH,
Brian.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
So how much do you need? And how set on just that pattern are you? If it's not a tremendous amount that would take hours to do, I have an Air Conditioned Shop, a router table and a lot of pattern bits. I also have a lot of leftover maple stock.

I can't volunteer yet, until I know the magnitude of the work, but I might be able to help you out.

That pattern might actually be easier to make as two pieces glued together. The top is almost a double ogee and the side piece would then be a simple cove bit. Doing it that way I could probably manage with the bits that I already have.

My shop is somewhat cluttered at the moment so I only have limited infeed and outfeed room on each side of the router table which will limit long runs of stock.

- Ken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS