Is there such a cabinet part like this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
rolleri.jpg
I have a large sliding panel that will be sliding close by other fixed panels. I'm wondering if there is such a thing like a small recessed roller that I can inset into a panel so as they slide by they dont rub against each other. Does this part exist and have a name?

I'm thinking of something like this cross-section.
rolleri.jpg
2dj9pv7.jpg

rolleri.jpg

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Check out the sliding patio door replacement parts at one of the home centers.

bobby g

ncguy77

New User
Jim
It is a seven foot panel with slides at both ends already. It is a see-thru panel and cannot cosmetically accept a slide in the middle. I'm primarily worried about warping in the center over time and causing a scraping. Trying to maintain a 1/8" gap or so. A felt pad may suffice but I kinda worry about it rubbing off finish/stain eventually. The duty cycle is maybe once a day.

The sliding door parts sounds like a decent lead.

OTOH, a re-evaluation of my design to avoid the conflict entirely may be the best solution.:eusa_thin

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
felt may mar the finish but wheels will likely create groove over time and if the door warps as you think the groove will only get worse. {depending upon what direction the warpage occurs}

M

McRabbet

Since you are talking of a large panel (7 feet tall?), I would consider using a sliding door machanism such as these... The mechanism can be hidden behind a soffit piece at the top. There is also a family of track systems for patio doors that have a wheel embedded into the base of the door and a track that maintains desired separation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS