Turning projects in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Lincoln is just a bit too far for me :wsad: but if anyone goes I would be interested in a few hunks of maple.:widea: I can trade for a few hunks of walnut, some gum, or a chunk of holly.:gar-Bi

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
David, sure wish I could help you out but you are just too far.....

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm in the same boat, I cut a big Locust tree for firewood and now I think it is too nice to burn. I have 6 short logs in the woods that I need to drag out by hand and cut into blanks.

I'd like to have some maple but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
We may work something out here.I would like to get the wet sharpener that AndyBarnheart offered up yesterday.If anyone is traveling from Cary to Lincolton or from there to here.I can get some of the maple to my place.I'm around 12 to 15mi. from David:icon_scra.I would be glad to pick some of it up.

P.S.David I pmed you my number last week give me a call.

Dragon

New User
David
Well, it ain't goin' nowhere anytime soon. Right now I'm just cutting it up into managable lengths and storing it off to the side of my "lumberyard" for now. :icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would love to get some of this wood. PM me your address and maybe I can get there this Sunday.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Probably going this Sunday Phillip. I will pick up some extra for you.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Right now I'm just cutting it up into managable lengths and storing it off to the side of my "lumberyard" for now.

Define 'manageable'. I have a 12' dump trailer I could come p/u some on if I could get close enough to load it - or bring a 4 wheeler to drag it outa the woods if I needed to. If it's less than 125# it could probably be hand loaded onto the trailer. I think I'm off New Year's Day..........

Dragon

New User
David
Define 'manageable'. I have a 12' dump trailer I could come p/u some on if I could get close enough to load it - or bring a 4 wheeler to drag it outa the woods if I needed to. If it's less than 125# it could probably be hand loaded onto the trailer. I think I'm off New Year's Day..........

Managable is a relative term here. Whatever I can move around without busting a gut in the process. :tinysmile_tongue_t: I think most of it could be hand carried as it's in an area behind my house and not really accessible via conventional vehicle. 4 wheeler may work but the undergrowth of vines, small trees and briars is pretty intense. I usually load things up on my cart or tote/roll/drag it out.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Hay David if Tracy&Brian are coming up Sunday I'll come up then. Hay the more yhe marrier:rotflm:.At least more help right:eek:.I plan on picking some of it up for everyone else.I've already got some I cut down a while back:eusa_clap.Just want to help get it outa Davids way.We can work out the p/express if we need too.If anyone is interested shoot me a pm.:icon_thum

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
David,
PM me a contact number,I will be out your way on Sunday anyway and would love to get some maple.

Fred and Mike,
I could pick up some extra and work on getting it to you.I would love to trade Fred for some holly and walnut.If you guys get with me with some addresses I might be able to make the trip myself and maybe get a few shop tours to boot.I'm on vacation till Jan 8th so I'm up for a ride.Mike,how is turning locust? An educational trip! maybe.Fred,how far are you from Scott in Cary?I need to get some maple to him but the Pony Express is coming tomorrow and I won't have it till later in the day.Thanx and talk to you soon,
Greg

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
David,
PM me a contact number,I will be out your way on Sunday anyway and would love to get some maple.

Fred and Mike,
I could pick up some extra and work on getting it to you.I would love to trade Fred for some holly and walnut.If you guys get with me with some addresses I might be able to make the trip myself and maybe get a few shop tours to boot.I'm on vacation till Jan 8th so I'm up for a ride.Mike,how is turning locust? An educational trip! maybe.Fred,how far are you from Scott in Cary?I need to get some maple to him but the Pony Express is coming tomorrow and I won't have it till later in the day.Thanx and talk to you soon,
Greg

I'm about 40 min to 1 hour from carry depending on john law and what kind of hurry I'm in.:gar-La; 15-20 miles north of raliegh. If you want to come this way send a PM and I'll get ya some info. or I can come to cary possibly.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm about 40 min to 1 hour from carry depending on john law and what kind of hurry I'm in.:gar-La; 15-20 miles north of raliegh. If you want to come this way send a PM and I'll get ya some info. or I can come to cary possibly.

If you can get it to me I can get it to FredP no problem. Of course a might have to keep a small piece as a handling fee :gar-Bi

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Fred,
let me get with Scott and see if we can get together in the near future cause Cary is closer.I will grab what wood I can get my hands on plus I have some apple that looks turnable and it will be nogood before I will turn it all.Where is Mike located compared to the Cary/Raleigh area.I'll PM you my cell # as I can talk faster than I can type.:swoon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS