What projects do you have hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
around the shop?

I have a big oak freestanding cabinet with 4 doors that really needs to get done, a couple finials to turn for Jim and a bowl I have been carving leaves on in all my spare time the last three or four years.

Not to mention the house I'm remodeling and repairs on the farm house so we can sell it.

Did I mention I work full time? :rotflm:

No wonder my shop is a mess. :dontknow:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
The only one that's actually already in the shop is the shop itself. Still working on organization/cleanup efforts...

On the "I'll get to it... eventually" list is a new cabinet for the bathroom, picnic table, dining table, an electric guitar that needs a serious cleanup, a new nut, and new electronics, and an acoustic that needs a new saddle and a setup....

SWMBO just took a new part-time job so I've got solo kid duties several nights a week now. I expect I should be done with my existing list sometime in 2015 or so....

Rob

New User
Rob
3 wall shelves waiting from me to sand and finish, 3 more in the plans to actually build. A bowl that needs sanding that's been on my lathe for 3 weeks. Lots of bowl blanks to prepare and rough turn, too many to count. Oh, and the shop cabinets I've been planning for months, wood is sitting there waiting for me to start. Did I mention all the yard work that needs to be done, and working full time?

Work is interfering with my hobbies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Good question Mike. Having just wrapped up the Shaker Dining Table for the LOML, I now get to work on a few shop projects for me. I'm reorganizing one wall section of the shop. New (matching) tool cabinets for my everyday, working tools; more shelf space; and tool holders for individual tools that really don't fit anywhere else. No pics yet, not until I finish it. :nah:

Change of subject: any idea when you'll need help w/ the move?

Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Contractor is coming Monday to start the floors. Hope to be finished in a week. Then he has another job he has to finish before he gets back to me. Maybe a month from now we can move in.

I have a couple things I need help with if anybody is free on the weekend.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I've got a kids play table that was supposed to be for Christmas last year or year before last, I don't remember which anymore. :eusa_thin A beach table that's for a b'day present for my SIL, which needs to be done and shipped to NJ by the 20th or 25th. Then there's still all the old kitchen cabinets that need to be arranged, secured, and topped. A chip separator, DC hose, and air hose that needs to be decided on and strung. Not to mention the mobile work bench I've been trying to get together ever since I got a sweet door from PhilS a couple of months ago.........

Dang, that sounds like an awful lot to fit in between work, yard work, and all the kids activities!!!! Maybe I need to look into cloning since I might have a better chance of figuring that out well before I get all the projects done!!:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Brian.

thrytis

New User
Eric
I'm still working on a changing table which i started in 2005. :embaresse I finally got the finish on the carcass and the tops attached, so it finally can be moved out and get used as a changing table. :icon_cheers That'll free up some space to start working on the drawers and door.

davejones

New User
Dave
Working on a crib for my 1 month old son. Hoping to finish it before he graduates into a toddler bed!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Geez, Mike. What do you do with all your spare time? :gar-La;

I still need to finish the reloading bench I started months ago, a hiking stick for my granddaughter, oh, and reorganize the shop so I can get in the door....maybe one of these years!

Good luck,

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Started working on a second crib for my second Granddaughter. Better hurry up and get back to that, the kid is due in January.

Then, of course, there's the move from the garage to the shop. If I can ever get done with all the projects She has lined up, I can get back to shop time.

Glennbear

Glenn
I am not going to embarass myself by admitting how long my workbench/storage drawers project has dragged on but I will claim justifiable delays due to rebuilding toilets in both bathrooms and replacing my roof exhaust fan motor. :confused_ It is a small consolation for me to see that other folks are trying to stretch the allotted 168 hours in any given week to 268 also. :gar-La;

Dragon

New User
David
Oh, only about 27 different log/stump tables, innumerable walking sticks/staffs, and just got handed approx. 15 trees to cut this winter. :BangHead: Yeah, I know, :eusa_booh, suck it up and get busy. Easier said than done as we all know with work, weather, and life in general getting in the way of having any free time.................eventually maybe I'll get "some" of it done.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Got a jewelry chest I started in the late winter and haven't had the motivation or time to get back on it. I really need to try and finish it up this year. LOML has several projects she wants me to start that may take priority though, starting with a farm table.

bluthart

New User
Brian
I wonder how many characters I can type in this reply...
#1 - Almost done with refinishing a 1950's desk chair - just some coats of poly and reassembly.
#2 - A half finished cypress outdoor TV cabinet for a neighbor.
#3 - A CRIB FOR MY SON THAT WILL BE HERE IN 5 WEEKS OR LESS! I only have some of the wood dimensioned.
#4 - A large bowl that needs a final turn and finish.
#5 - Finish putting my RAS together after getting the recall parts.
#6 - A small cutting board that is in the glue up stage.
#7 - Building and finishing about 31 cabinet doors and 7 drawer faces for my kitchen - I have made the prototype only.
#8 - Shop organization - due to the above projects.
#9 - Maybe sit down and watch a football game sometime in the near future!

Oh yeah, and I work a full time and part time job as well. Plus it would be nice to hang out with my 5 year old daughter before she starts college!
At least I will never be bored... EVER.

Last edited:

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Well, lets see.

* The star attraction is a Kentucky Quilt cabinet that's been unfinished since 1996. I have the carcass complete..since 1996 :)

* I have the pieces for a set of barristers bookcases - they've been cut out for a year. Need to get on that.

* About four sets of bent-wood salad servers awaiting sanding and finishing. Hey, Christmas is coming - those will come in handy !

* Need to replace the motor on the bandsaw. I have the new motor, pulleys, belts, but I need to fab a new mounting plate and modify the belt-guard

* Need to fab the mounting plate for my power-feeder. Again, I have all the materials; need to make templates, cut, drill, weld

-Mark

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
shame on all of you... tsk tsk tsk. all my projects are done! :gar-Bi but the to do list stretches till christmas 2042!:rotflm: I rarely start a new project until the one I am working on is done.:wink_smil It's my lie and I get to tell it any way I want!:gar-La;

JCraig

New User
Jerry
All I have left is a Arts & Craft Mantel Clock. Need to put the clock works in and it's finished. Just finished a bird house for my neighbor, and a key rack for my daughter. I would have a Morris Chair that I could have started, but Rick at The Woodworking Source had to order my needed materials last week and they are not in yet.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Got 7 plaques cut out and names cut out,need to sand,glue and spray
finish on them that were ordered for last Christmas.Got 3 canes to carve like the one in my avatar.
Tony

Cato

New User
Bob
Currently finishing up a new workbench/assembly table in the shop.

Next, going to try my hand at a small table for the screen porch.

Then some finish work on the storage shed, which I wanted to wait to do when the weather to got a wee bit cooler.

Finally back to shop furniture, as I need to build a miter saw station that has a little bit of an enclosed back to catch the spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS