Lumber Run 5/18 - Attn: Sawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hello all,

jeff... is planning a lumber run on May18th, the day after the picnic, at the HF parking lot in Raleigh. He came up with a good idea, and I thought about expanding on it. If any other sawyers want to join in I think they should, just post what they've got. If y'all need a place to park your trailers while you go to the picnic on Sat., I've got room for you. I'm 3 miles off I-40 @ exit 312, and just 20 miles from HF parking lot. I could easily fit three large trailers. I can also make an offer to put someone up for Sat. night, even Fri. night if needed. I have a guest area in the basement of my house with a seperate BR (queen size bed),LR,Bath, and kitchenette. Just PM if interested.

This is a good chance to sell some wood, due to the fact that a bunch of us are going to be in the area for the picnic, and there's a great chance for a pony express for those that aren't. Just post your wares and costs and I'm sure people will purchase.

Let's get together!

Jimmy:mrgreen:

ps.Support your local Sawyers !:gar-Bi

J

jeff...

Hello all,

jeff... is planning a lumber run on May18th, the day after the picnic, at the HF parking lot in Raleigh. He came up with a good idea, and I thought about expanding on it. If any other sawyers want to join in I think they should, just post what they've got. If y'all need a place to park your trailers while you go to the picnic on Sat., I've got room for you. I'm 3 miles off I-40 @ exit 312, and just 20 miles from HF parking lot. I could easily fit three large trailers. I can also make an offer to put someone up for Sat. night, even Fri. night if needed. I have a guest area in the basement of my house with a seperate BR (queen size bed),LR,Bath, and kitchenette. Just PM if interested.

This is a good chance to sell some wood, due to the fact that a bunch of us are going to be in the area for the picnic, and there's a great chance for a pony express for those that aren't. Just post your wares and costs and I'm sure people will purchase.

Let's get together!

ps.Support your local Sawyers !:gar-Bi

I hope some of the sawyers on the site jump on this - I have a limited supply and several folks are asking for stuff I don't have any of.

Thanks

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jeff,

I also hope some of the sawyers respond to this thread, as well as the members. Maybe people could tell us what they're looking for and see if you guys, the sawyers, could fit the bill. If there was any way for somebody to bring bowl blanks or 12/4 thru 16/4 slabs, i think that the turners would show up for that also. Either way, here's hoping for a successful run.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I am going to need 50 bd ft of dry cypress pretty soon. My garage drying experiment is not working out to well.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Hey fellas I sure could use about 65 BF of ERC But I would need help from the pony express to get it to greenville So if anyone plans on going to Raleigh from the area that has a little extra room let me know & I'll tag along & split the gas bill with ya!!!:gar-Bi

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I am going to be out of town that weekend. If you like we can plan a big wood meet in about 2-3 months that would give me time to saw, dry and prep what I want to sell.

I primarily have Walnut, Cherry, White Oak, some exotics and Big Ole slabs of Claro.

Lately I have been sawing and drying and selling everything coming out of the kiln.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Same here Kyle, I can't seem to saw it fast enough. I have very little wood pre sawn.
I have 3 pretty nice WBC logs waiting for me and they will have to wait a little longer.
I do thank you for the offer, but like kyle said maybe in a few months.

J

jeff...

I'm glad you guys are as busy as you want to be - that's good, real good... I've reversed roles for a while and now am sawing for hobby instead of killing myself. I like this a lot better - no stress to try and meet "promised" dates I always seemed to miss by a few days anyways. A big plus is now I get to pick and choose which jobs I will take and decide when I will cut them. It's made me a better person to be around. You guys take it easy and be careful, remember to take a break "before" you really need one and don't cut off an arm - they don't sell arms at walmart.

Thanks

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Please put me down for 100 bdft of ERC and 100 of RO
Thanks

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Maybe we can all figure out a spot for sometime in the summer. hopefully that will work out. But my offer still stands to anyone that can make it.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Hey fellas I sure could use about 65 BF of ERC But I would need help from the pony express to get it to greenville So if anyone plans on going to Raleigh from the area that has a little extra room let me know & I'll tag along & split the gas bill with ya!!!:gar-Bi
Tomorrow is the last of my 3 camps in 4 weekends trek to Arapahoe (through Greenville) but I have an invite to pull my sailboat down to Oriental sometime soon also. It's an older somewhat faded boat with a few finish cracks (kind of a redneck yacht; I am sure you are shocked :rolf:) so it would not be a big deal to throw some wood on. Not sure when that will be, yet. :dontknow:

toolman

New User
Chad

If there is a lumber run I can pick it up for you.. I live out side of Snow Hill. :eek:ccasion1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS