Hey from Greenville NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Hey folks my name is Jonathan & I've been doing woodworking for about 2 months now! actually Scrollsaw work but I get my shop smith in next month & that opens alot of possibilities for making different things! Cant wait to meet all of you & share techniques & stories!

Jonathan

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hi Jonathan, and welcome to NCWW! Last time I checked, scrollsaw work IS woodworking, just because your material is a little lighter doesn't mean it doesn't count :) We love to see pictures here - pictures of your work (in whatever state of completion), your shop, tools, family, pets, we're not picky. :icon_thum

I look forward to seeing your work, and congratulations on getting a ShopSmith! :tool:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome Jonathon! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Glad to see another member that is close to my age on here, and in Southeastern NC. :icon_thum I've been ww'ing for a little over a year now and it really is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. This really is a great group. I look forward to your input and seeing some of your work! :p

Trent

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Welcome Jonathan. There are two things on the site jokingly referred to as the "Dark Side". One is pen turning and the other is scroll sawing. Don't worry, the rest of the guys won't think any less of you for doing what you do, we'll just stand in awe of the projects you turn out. I need to set up my shop with regular tools to make things for the wife before I buy anything as fancy as a scroll saw. I'm brand new to woodworking, so I'm here to tell you... feel free to ask questions or give input if you've run into a situation already. There are lots of very talented scrollers on the site as you can see by checking out the photo galleries. They probably have answers to any questions you might have. And speaking of photos...just to reiterate: We love them. Lots of them. Shop pics, pet pics, family pics, and especially wood and tool pics.

Will

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer Jonathan :icon_thum
Take you time and look around the site. There's lots of great info here and we look forward to your adding to the wealth.

Roger

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Welcome to the NCWWer. And do come if you can.
5/17/08 - Sat - 3rd Annual NCWW Spring Picnic - Jordon Lake, Apex, NC More details later
Danny

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
I put a few Pictures up! I was gona do more but the batteries on my Camera died! So theres a few I also make patterns for scroll saw work so if theres a request or some one has a picture I'll see what I can do with it!

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
Welcome to the man from Gvegas. I look forward to pictures of your work as well as pictures of your Shopsmith.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site from the mountains of NC! Glad you could join!

sapwood

New User
Roger
I put a few Pictures up! I was gona do more but the batteries on my Camera died! So theres a few I also make patterns for scroll saw work so if theres a request or some one has a picture I'll see what I can do with it!

Hope you don't mind. I wanted to slip this one into the thread :wink_smil

DSC02264.JPG

Nice :icon_thum

Roger

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Jonathan, I am glad you could join us. Beautiful scroll saw work :eusa_clap
I look forward to your input in the forums, and seeing more of your talented work.
Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Jonathan to the friendliest WW forum on the net. It is good to have you. Wish I was good at the scroll saw!!!

Tracy

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site. I hadn't realized that scrolling had become "the other Dark Side":rotflm: Actually I am always glad to see another scroller. I looked at the pictures you've uploaded so far - very nice work. What brand of scroll saw do you have? Do you make your own patterns? What kind of finishes do you like to use? Enough questions - enjoy the site!

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Welcome to the site. I hadn't realized that scrolling had become "the other Dark Side":rotflm: Actually I am always glad to see another scroller. I looked at the pictures you've uploaded so far - very nice work. What brand of scroll saw do you have? Do you make your own patterns? What kind of finishes do you like to use? Enough questions - enjoy the site!

Well I have a Delta 16" single speed scroll saw. I know its not the best probably the worst but it works ok for me now I'm still learning I've only been scrolling for about a month now and I've been bit by the bug! :alien: Hopefully I can buy a better scroll saw with a larger throat, variable speeds & all the other bells and whistles! I have just started to make my own patterns & as a Graphics design artist it comes naturally so if you need anything I'll see what I can do! As far as finishes all I've been using is polyurethane Not really sure what else to use but seems to work good!
Everyone seems very nice so far & I cant wait to get a chance to see everyones work in action at the craft shows!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Jonathan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at your unploaded pictures, I would say that you are definitely a natural when it comes to scrollsaw work!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

There are several scrollers here at NCWW and I am glad to see yet another! Maybe you can teach some of us "Old Folks" some new tricks:wsmile:.

I look forward to seeing some more of great work and innovative patterns!

Post often and can't wait hear more from you in the future!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Welcome Jonathan,

Be careful, Greenville is where I lived when the woodworking (tool collecting) bug hit me again. My son lives their now and he seems to be catching it as well! Must be in the water.

Regards,

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS