attempt at a square bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
This is the bowl that soaked up alot of Danish oil. Im posting it now since it's gonna take forever for it to dry out before I can complete the finish.

I dont have a bandsaw and didn't feel like turning off the corners to get the blank round before turning a bowl so Googled on how to turn a square bowl and this is the result. The goal is to have a bowl suspended by all 4 corners. Its spalted poplar and I thought it was pretty cool how the spalt was revealed as the blank was carved away. This was alot of fun and challenging to sand with those corners wizzing around

top9.jpg

View image in gallery

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOW Steve!

You are takin' to this turnin' thing ike a 'duck to water'!!!!:rotflm: Like ....not turnin' back!:wsmile:

These bowls you are krankin' out look super.

I will need to have you stop by and give me a few lessons on bowl turning.

Well Done!!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Wayne

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Great job.
I can't even see the blood stains!
There are better ways of busting knuckles, but these are neat when they work out.
Keep up the good work~

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Holy smokes! That was inside that old grungy piece of wood? :gar-La;

Great job!

HaHa, yeah, two of the other blocks you gave me were destroyed while trying to figure out how to get the faceplate work. :embaresse

That's neat! Was it kind of scary?

Not really, it was more of a pain because I couldn't move the tool rest any closer as I hollowed out the bottom part and I dont have one of those curvy rests to get behind or to the side of things. I wore gloves tho just to be safe.

WOW Steve!

You are takin' to this turnin' thing ike a 'duck to water'!!!!:rotflm: Like ....not turnin' back!:wsmile:

These bowls you are krankin' out look super.

I will need to have you stop by and give me a few lessons on bowl turning.

Well Done!!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Wayne

Lol, I just grab stuff and go. Probably breaking all sorts of rules when I do so.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I've seen a few of those before, yours is right up there with the best.

It gets fun when you start breaking the rules.

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
That looks great. I'd like to watch that just to see how it's turned. Great job.

crokett

New User
David
Very nice work. I have a piece of mahogany I want to try that with but haven't worked up the courage yet. I'm afraid of those corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS