Search results

1. T

Track Saws versus Table Saws?

I have a long-time visitor to my site that lives in an apartment in CA and does his woodworking on his balcony, a sort of large one in that it is 8 by 10 feet but a balcony. He uses a DeWalt track saw and a DeWAlt contractor saw and makes some of the most stunning furniture I have ever seen...
  2. T

The professionals and us

When I made how-to videos I found that stuff came out better than normal because of all the time I was taking to set the shots up and being careful to get them the first take. I can't remember getting away without any mistakes but I never though anyone would believe I was mistake-free anyway so...
  3. T

Different Brands made in the same factory?

A few years ago I had a JET 1236 and the supposedly same lathe from Harbor Freight that lots of people assured me were the identical lathes in different colors. Of course when we took them apart and tried to exchange parts back and forth nothing fit but still it persists. It's a good thing they...
  4. T

Info needed from Powermatic HH Planer owners

My PM15HH has been making that sound for 7 years (maybe more) now and runs perfectly. As mentioned above, the majority of that initial clunk ios the heavy duty magnetic switch engaging. That's a good sound.
  5. T

SOLD!! New Powermatic Lathe Coming

These lathes have been sold.
  6. T

Nice looking Craigslist Cabinet Saw

Here's another JET (Exacta Deluxe) that could be a great deal for someone that is close enough. (It is mine, but could be yours) https://www.newwoodworker.com/pdshop/shop/item.aspx?itemid=91
  7. T

Using your Riving Knife ???

Just a point of clarification. There was no "letting go" on my part. The push handles was knocked out of my hand before I knew what had happened. The entire slow motion video actually lasts just over a second in real time. I know that I can,t and doubt anyone else can react that fast!
  8. T

Who wanted a Leigh FMT setup?

Someone from this forum emailed me a while ago wanting a Leigh FMT setup.(not the super FMT) I am sure that saved that email but in the sea of emails that I get I can't find it! If that was you, email me at thintz@newwoodworker.com
  9. T

My Jointer is planeing wedges!

Unless you applied the wax with a really big hammer, that isn't why its cutting tapers. The reality is that a jointer all but HAS to cut tapers because it has no way of following the side opposing the one being cut. I also believe that something changed in how you are moving the wood across the...
  10. T

NewWoodworker.com is Down

I think we have the current server up and running pretty well. I also now have three hosts talking about taking my site on so I hope to begin the process of moving the site in the next week or two. (The last time I moved it, it took almost three full days to load it on a DSL line!) If my site...
  11. T

And I thought all those guys were still mad at me! I actually had a great car owner, cars and crew. Having those in place makes you look way better.
  12. T

I've gotten a few suggestions for hosting with My SQL, which is different than SQL, which I must have for my site. It appears that my site is on and off again now so hopefully it will be back full-time (or sort of....:crossedlips:) soon.
  13. T

:dontknow:For the time being. Server had a major blow up. They say my site could be back on today yet. My forum (on a different server) is fine. If anyone knows of a good (reliable) hosting server with SQL database support, I'd appreciate an email. thintz@ctc.net.
  14. T

Need guinea pigs,, er test subjects

As far as I know the 503 error stuff is all but over with (I hope) and the4 chat script appears to be stable (I really hope) so I am going to go sit int eh chat room and see if any brave souls drop by over lunch. http://www.newwoodworker.com/nwwguildchat.html Also, launched my first ( of many)...
  15. T

I didn't see that but I did make one change so may have killed that one. I'm done making changes ont his thing for a while!
  16. T

Roger, did you get to the chat room? tom
  17. T

It is up and running but I guess there are still some outages in places. I am getting email from the site right now and am in the chat room myself. Tom
  18. T

I think we have a winner! One of the software engineers went in and tweaked something (my professional overcode, sort of) and the caht seems to be running just fine....I think. I will hang around in there until about 4:30 PM today if you want to be the one that drops in and kills the deal...
  19. T

Dan, Thanks for the offer and beware that you might regret that before this is all over.... I belive I have found the issue, or a big part of it so for now I'll do the test thing. so far it looks to be much beter anyway. Stay tuned...
  20. T

The access part of the problem is pretty well fixed in most parts of the country now I believe, at least my email and Support contacts are coming in from all over regularly now. I also have made some progress ont he Chat deal so I will hang around there until about 4PM if anyone wants to drop by...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS