Search results

1. Chuck N

10" Delta Miter Saw Repair - Model 36-075

The dust collection chute directing sawdust from the blade to the collection bag at the back of my old Delta 10" Miter saw (Model 36-075) was made of a thin rubber material and after over 20 years of use finally disintegrated. The part is no longer available from Delta or other parts suppliers...
  2. Chuck N

Burial Urn for My Father

I just completed an urn for my father using the NC Woodworking plan. He was a career USMC helicopter pilot who began his career in Korea in the enlisted ranks as an infantryman and was promoted into the officer ranks. Went to flight school and was an early helicopter pilot. Earned Purple...
  3. Chuck N

Grizzly Sale - DeWalt 20" Scroll Saw $399

I received an email this morning from Grizzly. From September 25 to October 1 Grizzly is offering the Dewalt 20" Scroll saw with stand and light for $399.95, a savings of $200 off the "regular" price. Shipping is an additional $23.99. Model #H7414. I don't know if Grizzly charges tax on...
  4. Chuck N

Woodworkng Books for sale at Reynolda Manor Branch Library in Winston-Salem

The Reynolda Manor branch library in Winston-Salem received a large donation of back issues of Fine Woodworking magazine, Woodsmith, Shopsmith, and a number of woodworking books. These publications are being sold by the Friends of the Library for prices ranging from 25 cents for magazines to...
  5. Chuck N

Festool Essentials Training Class - Asheville, NC

Monday and Tuesday I was at Gregory Paolini Design near Asheville to take the Festool Essentials class. Greg is a terrific instructor and extremely enthusiastic about woodworking and Festool. He also teaches furniture and cabinet making classes that are not associated with Festool. Plus he...
  6. Chuck N

New Project: Drill Press Rolling Base

I just completed the Woodsmith SN12818 mobile drill press base for my new Jet JDP17DX 17" drill press. I made the drill press from birch plywood scraps and hardware I ordered from McMaster Carr. I like the way the 4 leveling feet can be lowered to keep the base from rolling, level it, and make...
  7. Chuck N

New Price on Porter Cable Drill Press at Lowes

I was in the Lowes off Wendover in Greensboro Monday night. They were featuring a "new price" on the 15" Porter Cable floor standing drill press. The old price was posted as $329. The new price is $299. I've been seriously considering the purchase of this drill press for a while based on...
  8. Chuck N

Auction Purchase - Hegner Scrollsaw

I've been in Colorado and New Mexico the last two months so I've been away from the shop. Today, my first day back, I attended an auction in the neighborhood and picked up a Hegner Multimax variable speed 18" scroll saw for $80. It should be up and running once I purchase blade clamps and...
  9. Chuck N

First Project Complete - Rolling Wood Cart

​In putting together my woodworking workshop I thought my first project would be a workbench. However, as I tried to organize the basement I realized I needed to find a way to store the wood I've been accumulating in my garage. I found plans for a rolling wood storage cart on page 24 of issue...
  10. Chuck N

Getting Started

Last week introduced myself and shared some of the activities associated with setting up my retirement workshop including equipment purchases. Over the weekend I've been refurbishing my 1980's vintage Sears contractor saw with parts purchased from In-Line Industries. I've added new machined...
  11. Chuck N

Hello Everyone

I joined in June 2012 upon moving back to NC from Florida, but seem to have failed to introduce myself at that time. I'm now semi-retired and beginning to rekindle the love for woodworking I developed during my teens before going off to college, raising a family, and pursuing a corporate...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS