Festool Essentials Training Class - Asheville, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck N

Chuck
Corporate Member
Monday and Tuesday I was at Gregory Paolini Design near Asheville to take the Festool Essentials class. Greg is a terrific instructor and extremely enthusiastic about woodworking and Festool. He also teaches furniture and cabinet making classes that are not associated with Festool. Plus he writes for Fine Woodworking and has developed several tools for Woodpecker. He is a very interesting person to talk to and great advocate for the woodworking as a hobby and profession.

The class size was small (6 people) allowing plenty of personal instruction from Greg. Topics covered included the Festool system, dust collection, setup and use of the MFT/3 table, hands on work with the TS55 REQ track saw, hands on application work with the Kapex, hands on application work with the Domino. Plus some router work at the end of the last day. Lots of information, and practical work with the tools is packed into two days.

I learned a lot, solved some problems I was was experiencing using some of the tools (mostly operator error), and came home energized to take on some higher level projects. All-in-all a good use of time and money. I now want to take the advanced router course.

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4552_-_Version_2.jpg

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Greg is a super guy and has unbounded talent! We have enjoyed having him come speak to our local woodworking club (Western NC Woodworkers Association) and we have visited his shop as well. He has produced some great magazine articles and is an excellent furniture and cabinet maker, with specialization in the Arts & Crafts arena (he was a Roycroft Guild member in his early career). His classes are always well attended and from what I understand, excellent. Maybe it is time for this old codger to sign up for one of them... Jus' saying...

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I know what you mean Chuck. I took a finishing class there a few years ago and had an absolute blast. Greg is a great teacher and host

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg is a class act. I real gentleman. Got to know him some a couple years back when he has even spent a day in the NCWW booth at the Klingspor Extravaganza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS