New Price on Porter Cable Drill Press at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck N

Chuck
Corporate Member
I was in the Lowes off Wendover in Greensboro Monday night. They were featuring a "new price" on the 15" Porter Cable floor standing drill press. The old price was posted as $329. The new price is $299. I've been seriously considering the purchase of this drill press for a while based on some of the favorable comments in the past on this forum. At the same time I've been trying to find a deal on Craigslist for a used 17" or 18" drill press with no luck. It may be time to pull the trigger on this one. Now if Lowes would only send me one of those $25 off a $200 purchase coupons they mail once in a while!

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Chuck, I've gotten 10% off Lowe's coupons here that scanned for me with no problems. They're $3.99 though so make sure you're getting more off than you're paying! :D You could check your local post office for the change of address coupons, but most have gone to the one's you request online.

B.

ck1999

Chris
User
There is one in the classified for 150 and it already has a table made for it. It is a delta which now is the same maker as portacable.

Chris

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
There is one in the classified for 150 and it already has a table made for it. It is a delta which now is the same maker as portacable.

Chris

I wish that DP wasn't all the way down in Southport, NC. If had been were closer, I would be in my garage by now! :) Someone is going to get a nice deal there.

ck1999

Chris
User
I wish that DP wasn't all the way down in Southport, NC. If had been were closer, I would be in my garage by now! :) Someone is going to get a nice deal there.

I agree my wife bought my either that model or one similar that Lowes had about 2 years ago. Just finished up my table this past week.

Chris

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Chris,
Delta is not the same maker as Porter-cable ,Delta is Thankfully an independent company, having seperated themselves form the Black and Decker garbage company.Unfortunately, Porter-Cable is still stuck under the B&D umbrella and I'm sure will never be the company it once was.
Chuck,
buy a used older american DP and never regret it. Be patient on CL and something good will come up. I found a Buffalo 18 with almost 6" of spindle travel and a motor you cannot stop.$200 and worth twice that much
Greg

Chuck N

Chuck
Corporate Member
Chris,
Delta is not the same maker as Porter-cable ,Delta is Thankfully an independent company, having seperated themselves form the Black and Decker garbage company.Unfortunately, Porter-Cable is still stuck under the B&D umbrella and I'm sure will never be the company it once was.
Chuck,
buy a used older american DP and never regret it. Be patient on CL and something good will come up. I found a Buffalo 18 with almost 6" of spindle travel and a motor you cannot stop.$200 and worth twice that much
Greg

Greg - Thanks for the good advice. I've been trying to be patient for a number of months checking out Craigslist almost everyday. I've also been attending estate auctions in the area where tools are advertised. I definitely would like to find a better quality used drill press. The Buffalo you describe sounds just like what I've been hoping to find. Sometimes it is hard to be patient, particularly when you have a couple of projects in line that require precision drilling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS