Auction Purchase - Hegner Scrollsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck N

Chuck
Corporate Member
I've been in Colorado and New Mexico the last two months so I've been away from the shop. Today, my first day back, I attended an auction in the neighborhood and picked up a Hegner Multimax variable speed 18" scroll saw for $80. It should be up and running once I purchase blade clamps and blade screws which are missing.

Attachments

• IMG_3882.jpeg
    IMG_3882.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 108

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
WOW, I have that same saw. You are going to like it. Congrats

Chuck N

Chuck
Corporate Member
I've already placed my parts order from Advanced Machinery and I've been using Flying Dutchman blades with my Dewalt Scroll Saw. My daughter enjoys scrolling and spends much more time on the DeWalt than I do. With this Hegner purchase we won't be competing for the equipment!

I've already placed my parts order from Advanced Machinery and I've been using Flying Dutchman blades with my Dewalt Scroll Saw. My daughter enjoys scrolling and spends much more time on the DeWalt than I do. With this Hegner purchase we won't be competing for the equipment!

so did the parts cost more then the purchase of the saw ? ? I had a hegner for my first saw and sold it and got the dewalt. I hope you enjoy yours mine was older and not in as good shape mine was older without varriable speed if it had the varriable speed I am sure I would have liked mine alot more

Chuck N

Chuck
Corporate Member
The Hegner I purchased has variable speed. It needed about $50 worth of parts to get it working. Total investment about $130. If I don't like it hopefully I can sell it for what I've got in it (or maybe a little more!).

The Hegner I purchased has variable speed. It needed about $50 worth of parts to get it working. Total investment about $130. If I don't like it hopefully I can sell it for what I've got in it (or maybe a little more!).

my guess you will have no trouble flipping it but hopefully it will work out and work well for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS