Search results

1. Scott Meek

Mini Max S45N Bandsaw For Sale

What is the cutting height capacity? The minimax website says 300mm, but your pictures sure make it look like more than that.
  2. Scott Meek

Last minute spot open in plane making class

Hey y'all! I don't get over here nearly enough, so, sorry that my first post in forever is selling something. However, my kids and I need to eat, and all that. HA! I am teaching a plane making class next week, where students make a smoothing plane, 12" jack plane, and a 22" jointer over 6 days...
  3. Scott Meek

An amazing tool chest and tools to be given away at WIA 2014

It will be displayed at my booth.
  4. Scott Meek

If you are a full weekend attendee at WIA, you will receive an entry form to drop off in a box at my booth. If you are just coming for the marketplace, you can stop by my booth to fill out an entry. One entry per person.
  5. Scott Meek

Hey NCWW! I wanted to let you all know about something happening at WIA next month that I'm extremely excited and proud to be part of. There will be a drawing to win the Fred West Commemorative Tool Chest. Many of my fellow hand tool makers came together to make tools for this chest and to give...
  6. Scott Meek

NCWW West Lunch bunch - I know, I know... I had to differentiate didn't I?

I will try to make it, but will be later if I do. I have an online plane making class to teach at 10:30am, and it could last up to 2 hours.
  7. Scott Meek

Festool is actually having a sale

I got into Festool 8 years ago when I was a full time trim carpenter. I had 30 some doors that all needed 1" trimmed off the bottom. I cut one door with the old "clamp a straight edge after 30 minutes of figuring out where to actually do so, wrapping painters tape around the line to be cut, then...
  8. Scott Meek

March Special Guest Speaker will be...

Thanks Hank for officiating the chat and bringing the great beer! I've been craving another 1 or 6 of those Vanilla Porters ever since!
  9. Scott Meek

panel raiser reprofile finished

Used perfect wood maybe? LOL Honestly though, they probably used a scraper and sand paper (been around longer than we think) to clean it up. Or, they just weren't as picky as we are? That is about all I know, or think I know. :) Edit to add: Nice plane and great looking panel!
  10. Scott Meek

Woodworking in America Sept. 12-14, 2014 Winston-Salem, N.C.

Just wanted to let everyone know that even if you can just make it to the marketplace for WIA, you will not be disappointed in the least. I've had a booth at the last 2 WIA's in Cincinnati and have gotten to know many of the other tool makers there. Those of us showing off our tools LOVE these...
  11. Scott Meek

Will be at Apple Country Woodcrafters tomorrow night!

I meant to get on here to post this prior to the day before. Ah well. I will be talking and demonstrating wood body planes at the Apple Country Woodcrafters meeting tomorrow night in Hendersonville, NC. The meeting is at 6pm. http://www.applecountrywoodcrafters.org/Meetings.html
  12. Scott Meek

Scott Meek Woodworks - New DQ Vendor

Thanks for getting it set up Steve! So here is the deal: NCWW members that have DQ status are entitled to 10% off any of my planes. In order to take advantage of this deal, be sure to opt-in as Steve mentioned above, then, when placing an order at my site, enter NCWWDQ and your username (so...
  13. Scott Meek

Asheville area - new member

Welcome Damon! Fellow Ashevillain here too. Also been meaning to join the WNCWA. Thanks for reminding me!
  14. Scott Meek

Looking for 16/4 White Oak

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here on NC Woodworker can help me out. I'm trying to find some 16/4 White Oak, at least 3 1/4" wide by 32" long. Any ideas of who would have it in sizes that large? I'd prefer QS, but it's not a deal breaker. Thanks! Scott
  15. Scott Meek

I'll be exhibiting at Woodworking In America

If any of you are going to Woodworking In America in Cincinnati, Nov 2-4, make sure you stop by my booth. I will be right next to Bad Axe Tool Works, which I'm pretty excited about. I'll be there showing and selling my planes. I've also added all kinds of new options for my planes and a new...
  16. Scott Meek

Neighbor's Cherry tree just fell. Any Asheville sawyers around?

I'll pass that on to them. Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
  17. Scott Meek

Here is the tree. Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
  18. Scott Meek

My neighbors Cherry just fell. Wondering if any sawyers are interested in helping get it cleaned up and maybe selling the wood for him? Going over to check on the size in a little bit. Scott Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
  19. Scott Meek

The Ugly Dovetail

Ahhh, I didn't realize there were multiple Moose Cafes, let alone both at farmer's markets. Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
  20. Scott Meek

Pick Your Poison!

I thought I'd show off all the planes that I make. I never seem to have one of each at the same time as I keep sending them out to fulfill orders, so I took advantage of it when I had them all in one place this week. The White Oak Jack, Mesquite Smoother, Osage Smoother, White Oak Smoother in...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS