Woodworking in America Sept. 12-14, 2014 Winston-Salem, N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
We have a very nice slide show we can play in a loop of the wounded warrior sessions that we used at the Extravaganza. We can have it running there as well.

Likely the biggest draw to our booth will be the adjustable Lathe and Scroll Saw stands that can be made wheel-chair accessible. That is based on experience at the Hickory event. Although the Chest and Vase as well as the Shave Horse drew a lot of attention as well.

- Ken.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I can make a couple more shave horses and I have at least 5 draw knives and 2 spoke shaves if that is a major draw.

The man who organizes the hand tool Olympics will not be able to travel from Chicago. If we can do some hands on old time tool experiences they would love it.

Scott Meek

New User
Scott
Just wanted to let everyone know that even if you can just make it to the marketplace for WIA, you will not be disappointed in the least. I've had a booth at the last 2 WIA's in Cincinnati and have gotten to know many of the other tool makers there. Those of us showing off our tools LOVE these shows because we love to talk about those tools. Being at the marketplace means you get to try out some of the most amazing hand tools money can buy, and pick the brain of the maker. That can become a class in and of itself.
This isn't to take away from the stellar classes that are offered by any means. There are going to be some fantastic speakers this year. I WISH I had the opportunity to check them out myself, but it's tough for me to get out of my booth much, for obvious reasons.
I promise you, the $10 daily admission for the marketplace is worth every penny and then some. You will have a blast. Just be sure you stop by my booth and say "Hi!"

Rbohno

New User
Rich
I can't wait to attend, Winston-Salem is only 90 minutes away. I have never been to an event like this so don't really know what to expect but the suspense will only build.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
They will need a few volunteers to man video cameras for the seminars upstairs. Members who have already volunteered in this thread will have first choice for those positions. We have a couple in mind that we know have video experience. Will be sending PMs about that later.
I have audio and video experience, if they get desperate. Otherwise, I hope to attend the marketplace at least one day. Some of the woodworkers I watch on YouTube are supposed to be there. I assume they will be working manufacturers' booths in the marketplace. I don't know that I will spring for $350 for the event.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Dale Barnard: Methods for Making Stickley Quadralinear Legs
Chuck Bender:
Carving Basics; Shells, Shells & More Shells
Jerome Bias:
Thomas Day
Matt Bickford:
Traditional Moulding Planes
Tom Caspar:
Scrapers 101; Tune Your Band Saw for Top Performance
Matt Cianci:
Saw Sharpening 101
Brian Coe:
Germanic Techniques & Setting Up Shop for Reproductions
Graham Blackburn:
5 Favorite Hand-tool Appliances; Bench Plane Basics
Patrick Edwards:
Historic Marquetry Processes; Building & Using a Chevalet
Peter Galbert:
Windsor Innovations; Rocking Chairs; Chairmaker’s Roundtable
Glen D. Huey:
Understanding Broken Arch Pediments; Add “Wow!” to Your Projects with Inlay
Megan Fitzpatrick: How the Sausage Gets Made; Chairmaker’s Roundtable (moderator)
Frank Klausz: Table Saw Jigs; Dovetails the Right Way (Frank’s Way); Frank’s Favorite Joints
Drew Langser: An Angle on Windsors; Carving Tools for Green Work; Chairmaker’s Roundtable
Robert Leath, Johanna Brown, June Lucas: Elements of the Southern Style: Piedmont & Moravian Furniture
Phil Lowe: Angled Joinery for a Queen Anne Chair; Orthographic Drawing
Will Neptune: Table Saw Joinery; Curved Work in Furniture Making
Wilbur Pan: Japanese Chisels and Saws; Japanese Planes
Roy Underhill: Making the Roubo Bookstand; Combination Planes
Don Williams: Secrets of Period Finishing; Gilding; Chairmaker’s Roundtable
— Megan Fitzpatrick

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
So, I was looking for information about the Lin-Speed Gunstock oil from Dave's post -
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52206

That took me to Wood talk forum -
http://www.woodtalkonline.com/topic/6211-popping-the-grain-in-a-maple-gunstock/

Then on to the Wood whisperer
http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/pop-goes-the-maple/

I stumbled around there a little bit. Needless to say, I was "Sucked into the internet vortex" and came out with this;
http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/woodworking-in-america-2013/

YUP! WIA 2013 as narrated by Marc - BTW check it out at about 10:00 in - our VERY own Scott Meek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS