An amazing tool chest and tools to be given away at WIA 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Meek

New User
Scott
Hey NCWW! I wanted to let you all know about something happening at WIA next month that I'm extremely excited and proud to be part of. There will be a drawing to win the Fred West Commemorative Tool Chest. Many of my fellow hand tool makers came together to make tools for this chest and to give it away as a way to remember our good friend, Fred West. I'm sure many, if not most, of you have no idea who Fred was, but to put it simply: He was the reason so many of us makers are able to make tools for a living. For myself, Fred was my very first customer and the one most likely to let others know about me. He was one of the most generous people I have ever met, and the world is a better place because he was in it.

This chest and the tools included with it is valued at more than $5000. This is an amazing give away. We couldn't think of a better way to honor Fred's generous spirit.
IMG_7955.jpg

The chest itself was made by my friend, Andrew Gore. It is a stunning work of art.

There is much more info on the Popular Woodworking Editor's Blog.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
How does one enter this drawing ?? Sure is a nice prize that would look great in my shop

Scott Meek

New User
Scott
If you are a full weekend attendee at WIA, you will receive an entry form to drop off in a box at my booth. If you are just coming for the marketplace, you can stop by my booth to fill out an entry. One entry per person.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for sharing this information with us Scott. I know several of our members will be very interested. I'll be too busy with our own booth to attend the sessions but will definitely make some time to visit as many of the Marketplace booths as possible. You've just given me one more reason to stop by your booth. Hope to see you there.

And thank you for carrying on the tradition of making fine hand tools.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for posting that Scott - do you know where it will be displayed at WIA?

I was planning to come and see you in the Marketplace...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS