Search results

1. D

Walnut and maple

So once again Christmas has snuck up on me and I need a little bit of walnut and or maple for a couple of cutting boards. Anybody no where I could get a little bit in the charlotte area or does anyone have a little they would like to get rid of?
  2. D

RAS missing part

So a friend gifted me a Rigid RAS and I have to build a table for it. While working in this direction I realized the fence clamp thing at the back of the saw is missing. Does anyone know where I can buy this piece?
  3. D

Looking for a new Chuck.

Anyone have any experience with these https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-5-5-Wood-Lathe-Chuck-Set/T10811
  4. D

Insulation of roof

I have a 12x32 barn style shed that I’m fixing as best I can into a shop. I be got the fiberglass insulation for the walls and 5/8 Sheetrock for the walls but I’m at a loss for what to do about the roof area. It is a metal roof that is attached directly to the rafters and I’m worried about...
  5. D

New shop

So after a few years of most of my tools being in storage and moving from a house with a 2 car garage into a house with a one car garage I now have gotten my very own space. It's not as big as I would have liked but it's what I could get and what would fit but it's 12x32 and the wife knows it's...
  6. D

table saw accident

Hey guys just felt after tonights activities that everyone needs to remeber that we need to continue to pay attetion to what we are doing. That being said my brother in law who is a cabinet builder and has operated a table saw everyday for the last 15 years got a little to comfortable tonight...
  7. D

My Brthers Wedding Present

I made this end grain cuting board for my brother as a wedding gift. It is out of hard maple and purple heart with several coats of mineral oil applied for a finish. I told them to use it and abuse and that if they some how damage it we would fix it back up good as new. Please excuse the poor...
  8. D

Wife has given the Go Ahead To Pull The Trigger On New Incra LS

Ok So as the title says My wonderful wife has given me the go ahead to pull the trigger on a new incra jig for my router table. That being said and I don't mean to sound ugly, I am not really looking for opinions on what I should by instead, but I am looking for opinions on wheter to get the 17...
  9. D

delta 18-36 drum sander any opinions

I have a chance to get a delta 18-36 drum sander for 100 bucks form a freind of a freind. The machine is practicaly brand new due to the fact that the guy purchased it and it did not perform as he had hoped so he put it in the back roon of the shop where t has been sitting ever since. Just...
  10. D

Gloat!! my new $34 table saw

Picked this up at the dept today after work. View image in gallery Been staying at the comfort inn for the last several years for work and had a bunch of reward points that i had to use before the end of the year. Wet to the store and asked the sales associate ifthey couldn't do a little...
  11. D

Hello All

My name is Chris and I live in Charlotte NC. I am a project inspector for a civil engeering company based out of Columbia SC. I am really new to wood working and for the most part like to spin square wood really fast and make it round. I have to admitt that there is deffently a learning curve...
  12. D

Tool Gloat

Well I went and picked up the Nova 3000 lathe today. It is the 34 inch bed b my measurements. It has a 1 HP Lesson DC motor with the electronic speed controler. also included was a nova chuck, a oneway stronghold chuck, 8 or 9 assorted turning tools, the mcnaughten bowl cutter system,pen...
  13. D

Looking at a used Nova Lathe

Howdy fellas kind of new to the site and have nevered owned a lathe at this point in my life but, i have wanted to. I have found a used Nova 3000 for $500 here locally and was wondering if that was a good deal. I have not seen the machine but I intend on trying to get a chance to see it...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS