Search results

1. mihunt

Need New Shop Equipment

I'm in the process of letting go of a few items i have. I just posted a for sale ad on craigslist (raleigh) for a 3-1/4 HP Porter Cable Router, with a MLCS Heavyweight router table...along with router bits for ogee cabinet doors. I plan to get rid of more soon (10" Rigid contractor table saw...
  2. mihunt

Starter Lathe

I agree with the jet mini...you can find cheaper lathes, but I've had the jet 1014i for almost two years and enjoy it. I only turn pens, bottle stoppers and the such so I have not needed anything larger, but if you plan on just turning small items I'd suggest the 1014i....some recommend the...
  3. mihunt

Router table vs. shaper

I have a router table from mlcs and a porter cable 3 hp router. Worked fine for making a large set of bookcases with lower cabinets and raised panel doors. I could have bought a low end shaper for the price I paid for the router table set up but the router table is a lot easier to move and works...
  4. mihunt

Emergency!!!!! Trade approx. 3" x 3" x 6" wet bloodwood for...

I was able to get what I was looking for. Thank you all for your help. Doug, I got your voice mail but it was not until earlier this evening. Sorry for not returning your message.
  5. mihunt

PChirsty, Thanks for the offer, but Lexington is a bit too far.
  6. mihunt

I purchased some bloodwood from Woodcraft this week and when I cut into it it's still pretty wet. The size is approximately 3 x 3 x 6. I was wonding if anyone has anything that is dry that I can trade (Maple, walnut, darn near anything at this point) that is roughly that size (I can use 2 3/4 x...
  7. mihunt

Approx. 10 BF Walnut...less than $20.00??

I'm looking for about 10 bf of 4/4 ish walnut to finish a project. Ironicly, I'd say i've planned that much away :icon_scra. If anyone has any they are wanting to sell, I'd be happy to buy it from them...preferibly before this weekend. I'm hoping to get it for $2.00 or less per bf. It does not...
  8. mihunt

Pen Kits in Wilmington NC??

Thanks Trent. It's not something that I need badly, it was more of an after thought (he's graduating today). I knew PSI had them, and just wanted to see if by chance I could find one here while I was visiting.
  9. mihunt

Pen Kits in Wilmington NC??

Anyone know if there is a place in Wilmington NC where I can buy pen kit parts....I'm specifically looking for a 2010 replacement band for a slimline pen. My sisters' husband is graduating with a teaching degree, and I made him a teacher's pen, and just now thought I should have put a 2010 band...
  10. mihunt

Wooden Vette..of course th Wolfpack..

My dad helped/supervised a lot on this car. Would have been great if Harmon finished it. Would have loved to at least seen the engine mounted. None the less it's an amazing site and accomplishment considering almost everything except for the rack & pinion was hand made.
  11. mihunt

Recommend an upholsterer?

Tom, I would not call myself an 'expert' by any stretch of the imagination, but I have repuholstered a few pieces of furniture...and a boat. It's just a square cushion back and seat right (I googled a few photos). If you'd like to talk about it more I can PM my phone number. I can also send you...
  12. mihunt

Wood For Sale

Is the the ad that offers rough sawn lumber in Rolesville? I've been considering contacting him for some walnut. If this is the ad, it appears to be air dried, but also relatively inexpensive. Once I get the rest of my taxes, I may be buying about 100bf. Mike
  13. mihunt

Dewalt 733 12in Planer-Ral CL $100

Well I picked up the planer. Appears to run well. When he had one set of the knives sharpened, the person who sharpened them tapered 2 inches of one end pretty bad so it does not plane well at all and that's what he ment by 10 inches. None the less, I don't see myself needed 12 inches since the...
  14. mihunt

heading to get it soon
  15. mihunt

Anyone used this model? I'm considering buying a planer today, and wonder if this is as good as a 734. I know the 734 has 3 cutters, but other than that what the difference? Also, does anyone know if replacement knives will continue to be available? I'd hate to buy something with propriatory...
  16. mihunt

What's going on here???

Same here. I also have noticed that i don't always get email notifications when new replys have been posted to forums. Mike
  17. mihunt

Ridgid 10" Contractor saw $399 W/F Home Depot

I was looking around Home depot in Wake Forest. I noticed that they have the Ridgid 10" Contractor saw for $399. The tag said it's for the TS3650, but all they have is the TS3660. When I got my 3660, I asked them about the 3650 tag, and they said that the only difference was the number of boxes...
  18. mihunt

RAL CL Walnut 12K-18Kbf $1.25/BF

Well, maybe if we're lucky he'll eventually decide to not sell it as a lot. I understand wanting to get rid of it as a lot, but selling some vs. selling none at all...I'd think that it would be easier to get rid of if you let lot of people buy what they need. Oh who am i kidding...i just want...
  19. mihunt

RAL CL Walnut 12K-18Kbf $1.25/BF

Oh...I was so excited, I must of overlooked that tiny little detail :sad11:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS