Need New Shop Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

windknot

Scott
Senior User
Over Easter my shop was the casualty of a fire originating from the neighbor's garage. Needless to say I lost every tool I owned with the exception of a Makita drill driver. I am getting ready to rebuild the shop and am in the market for a few new pieces. My main losses were a 10" 3hp Grizzly cabinet saw, 8" Woodtek Jointer, Delta bandsaw, Delta planer, and all electric hand tools. I would like to have equal or better than what I had. A perfect situation would be to find a cabinet shop going out of business and interested in selling out. I went to an auction in Farmville last Sat and was shocked at how much people were paying for some of the equipment. If you know of anything or interesting pieces please send me an email. windknotnc@gmail.com

Thanks

sorry for your losses. I sold my jointer over a month ago and have been looking for a good deal to upgrade with but all the good deals I have found are either many states away or get scooped up really fast..

one of the main problems are people buying the good deals and flipping them trying to make a buck. you will see stuff being sold and then boom a week later see it being sold for 250 bucks more

you are in a better position since you are looking for more tools it would be worth it to go to pa or fl and snag someones whole shop...

by the way how did you like the 8" woodtek it is on my short list if I was going to buy new

windknot

Scott
Senior User
It was a nice machine and very heavy. I wish it came with a helical cutter head but no issues with the straight blades. I bought it from a cabinet shop in Dunn that went out of business.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Have you looked in our classifieds? There are a couple of ads in there that might have some of what you are looking for.

windknot

Scott
Senior User
I did and looks like most stuff has sold or no reply yet...I am hoping one of the members will see some good stuff for sale and let me know.

mihunt

New User
Mike
I'm in the process of letting go of a few items i have. I just posted a for sale ad on craigslist (raleigh) for a 3-1/4 HP Porter Cable Router, with a MLCS Heavyweight router table...along with router bits for ogee cabinet doors. I plan to get rid of more soon (10" Rigid contractor table saw, and i also have a 9" Dewalt Radial Arm saw ('50's or '60s era...cant remember right now). Call me if interested and hopefully we can work something out.

mike
919-418-5335

cpw

New User
Charles
Over Easter my shop was the casualty of a fire originating from the neighbor's garage. Needless to say I lost every tool I owned with the exception of a Makita drill driver. I am getting ready to rebuild the shop and am in the market for a few new pieces. My main losses were a 10" 3hp Grizzly cabinet saw, 8" Woodtek Jointer, Delta bandsaw, Delta planer, and all electric hand tools. I would like to have equal or better than what I had. A perfect situation would be to find a cabinet shop going out of business and interested in selling out. I went to an auction in Farmville last Sat and was shocked at how much people were paying for some of the equipment. If you know of anything or interesting pieces please send me an email. windknotnc@gmail.com

Thanks

Scott,

In my experience, local public auctions are the one of the worst places to try and get WW equipment. As you noted, folks get auction fever and drive prices way above what is reasonable. EBay isn't really any better. I have never bid on anything, but you can sometimes find deals through the NC State Surplus auction. I have had the best luck with Craigslist, the Classifieds section here at NCWW, and the Classifieds at Saw Mill Creek, in that order.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Also watch the forum "Found for Sale/Hot Deals" - Members often post finds from Craigslist, Estate Sales, and other good sales that they find for WW related products. But then, you probably already figured that out.

Right now there is discussion about a very good deal on a Grizzly jointer with cosmetic damage.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
The posting for a shop full of tools in the classifieds is for a person that I know. They are looking to sell out the entire shop. There's more in the shop than I could list. If you're interested let me know and I'll get you their contact info. It could be a good place to start.

windknot

Scott
Senior User
I have verbally committed and will complete the deal tomorrow on some very nice Powermatic tools. Once I get it all put together I will post a pic of the new shop. Attached is a pic for a taste.
DSC_0605_640x425.jpg

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm just curious why you are not getting new tools. If the fire started in the neighbor's garage, shouldn't his insurance replace your tools? Personally, I'd prefer to get new rather than used.

-NCGrimbo

windknot

Scott
Senior User
Everyone should check their policy regarding coverage of other people's property. There is a limit, usually $2500 for personal property, thus filing under your homeowners is the only option. If anyone would like to learn more about Ins. coverage and how claims are really processed I can answer them. Having 2 neighbors impacted along with me we learned a great deal. I can also make a recommendation on a company to highly consider and one to stay clear of.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
Everyone should check their policy regarding coverage of other people's property. There is a limit, usually $2500 for personal property, thus filing under your homeowners is the only option. If anyone would like to learn more about Ins. coverage and how claims are really processed I can answer them. Having 2 neighbors impacted along with me we learned a great deal. I can also make a recommendation on a company to highly consider and one to stay clear of.

scott I'd like to know more. Can you pmail me if there's some forum rule about company recommendations?
we all hate to learn the hard way, so a little advanced knowledge would be nice.
glen

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Scott, a friend of mine told me yesterday he's going to sell his bandsaw. He's going to get me some quick info about it and I'll get that to you this morning hopefully.

Tom

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Scott, here's some info on the bandsaw my friend has. I've got some cellphone pics, but they're very dark, I'm at work and don't have time to upload them right now. Let me know if you want to talk to him.

The saw is a Jet Model JWBS-18QT-3 (18” w/ quick tension). It has a 3HP, 230V, 1 Ph motor…already wired. It comes with a HTC HSQ-2954 Mobile Base.

The saw is brand new and is a very nice saw. The only time I ever used it was to do a test cut after set-up. I want to sell it due to the fact I never use it…someone else will get more enjoyment out of it…I bought it at a time I had a lot of cash sitting around.

The saw retails for $1939.99. The HTC base retails for $309.38.

The saw is available for as low as $1784.99 through Amazon and the base is available for as low as $232.23 through Amazon.

I am asking for $1500 for the saw and base.

windknot

Scott
Senior User
I really don't use a bandsaw that often and I would be much like you with a lot of money sitting around not being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS