What's going on here???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Something started happening yesterday that has me puzzled and frustrated. :BangHead::BangHead: Everytime I click on "New Posts" it carries me to the bottom of that page and I have to scroll up to the beginning to check out the new posts. Then, if I click on a post, read it, and click the "Back" arrow it again carries me to the bottom of the new post page and the having to scroll starts over again. If I go straight to a specific forum without going to the new post page everythings works as it always has. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know what I can do to get back to the old way of doing things. To my knowledge, I haven't changed any of my settings. I use the linear display mode.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
+1

I am seeing the same thing, Stuart. It seems to have just started mid-week this week.

Thought that maybe it was just me.:icon_scra

Wayne

mihunt

New User
Mike
Same here. I also have noticed that i don't always get email notifications when new replys have been posted to forums.

Mike

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Same here. I also have noticed that i don't always get email notifications when new replys have been posted to forums.

Mike

Mike, we are working on a mail problem that might be impacting you. If this persists, go ahead and start a seperate Help Desk thread.

Thanks,
Jim

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
+1

I am seeing the same thing, Stuart. It seems to have just started mid-week this week.

Thought that maybe it was just me.:icon_scra

Wayne

+2<O:p</O:p
Even happened in the reply to thread pane straight to the bottom<O:p></O:p>
:help::icon_scra

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Same here. Been happening for a week or so. I sent a message to Help Desk. ????????????

:dontknow::dontknow::icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin:eusa_thin

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Stuart,

Could you type this in your address bar of IE and send me the results?

javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent)

Post it here or PM if you'd like. It shouldn't be any info of any privacy concern.

I'm trying to figure out what your browser is telling our software it is.

Also, maybe if you turn your monitor upside down or stood on your head, the bottom would be the top.

If you do that, remember, if there are no pictures, it didn't happen :p

Jim

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Stuart,

Could you type this in your address bar of IE and send me the results?

javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent)

Post it here or PM if you'd like. It shouldn't be any info of any privacy concern.

I'm trying to figure out what your browser is telling our software it is.

Also, maybe if you turn your monitor upside down or stood on your head, the bottom would be the top.

If you do that, remember, if there are no pictures, it didn't happen :p

Jim

Jim,

Don't think Stuart is on this morning. This is what I get when typing javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent)....

MOZILLA/4.0(compatible;MSIE 7.0;WINDOWS NT 5.1;GTB5

Thanks for your help,

Wayne

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Just realized something. Which menu are you talking about. the top horizontal of the floating menu. There were some internal changes to the floating menu.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Just realized something. Which menu are you talking about. the top horizontal of the floating menu. There were some internal changes to the floating menu.

Steve,the top horizontal menu.I saw the same thing on Sawmill Creek. :eusa_thin

Danny

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Just to keep on topic, I'm working this thread on Tar Heels original issue of clicking on "New Posts" and being placed at the bottom of the page.

I think there might be a secondary problem with IE and the Tabbed Menu and Floating Menu. When I spoof my Firefox browser as IE, I don't see the blue tabs or the floating menu at all.

The odd part, is I can spoof as Opera, and I can see them. Firefox they are there too.

Now that I've contributed to wandering off issue, if there are some new or existing IE menu issues, please open a new help desk request.

Thanks,
Jim

M

McRabbet

Jim/Steve:

The problem occurs whenever one clicks on the [Go to First New Post] Icon, but it doesn't seem to happen every time -- if there is only one new post, then it does not seem to happen, but I've seen it several times (I usually do a New Posts search from the top menu and then select from the resulting index page). I just tried to reproduce it with another window, but I couldn't get it to happen.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Oh goody, what fun!!

I finally got access to a Windows box, long story.

Add to the list, not only does it take you to the bottom, it seems to also take you to the bottom far right.

I tested a few times, and the bottom slider goes all the way to the right.

I called Bill Gates, he said not to worry, its fixed in the next release :p

Jim

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Jim, here is the response

Mozillz/4.0(compatible) MSIE7.0,windowsNY5.1GTB% NETCLR 1.14322;NETCLR2.0.50727

I hope I copied and typed it correctly. Now what does it mean. You computer gurus amaze me sometimes.

BTW, I still am having the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS