Search results

1. beloitdavisja

Emails received from NCWW

Also: if you're not getting emails and want to, make sure you typed your email correctly. I frequently get emails intended for other people who did not type their emails correctly when signing up for stuff. If your NCWW email is going to the incorrect address, the actual recipient may be...
  2. beloitdavisja

3D Printed Table Saw Dust Collection

Agree! I got my 3d printer a year ago to work on this project. It's an Ender 3 V2 Neo and I've used it for much more than I thought I would. I bought it for about $200 at the time and have since done a few upgrades, most recently replacing the hot-end to an all metal one (Creality Spider 2.0)...
  3. beloitdavisja

3D Printed Table Saw Dust Collection

An interesting watch as this guy alters his tablesaw's dust collection with 3D printed parts. He's in Germany, and using a generic chinese manufactured saw, so the parts aren't applicable to what's available here, but I liked watching the problem solving that he goes through. While it's not...
  4. beloitdavisja

New member from Harrisburg

Welcome fellow Harrisburgian (Harrisburgan? Harrisburgonian?) !
  5. beloitdavisja

Help getting started...

Agree with Wiley - cabinet grade from Lowe's/HD will be fine for shop cabinets. But if you want another charlotte area place to reach out to - Kluttz Lumber in Concord. Plywood | Kluttz Lumber Company | Concord I haven't bought their plywood so I don't know about pricing, but they are very...
  6. beloitdavisja

Christmas Present

Hurray for another state park map! Looks great and very clean. I like the minimal UI - it's simple but very effective. I really like the ambient light sensor. That's a really nice touch. I'm sensitive to that since my wife can't stand having any type of light on to sleep (and by "light" i mean...
  7. beloitdavisja

Laser cutting/engraving

I found etsy to be a great resource for designs, often for just a few bucks. Make sure you're buying the digital files instead of an actual product. Otherwise, doing a google image search with 'svg' or 'vector' - but you can get some pretty spammy results. It's often worth it to me to spend $2...
  8. beloitdavisja

WANTED: Used lathe or advice on a new one for a family getting started

Hey Mark, welcome! I do a lot of woodturning, as well as laser (50W CO2) & 3D printing (Ender 3 V2 Neo), though I'm a bit away - Harrisburg outside Charlotte. There are some others in your area that I know would be glad to help. Not to volunteer him, but Michael Mathews is in your area (Chapel...
  9. beloitdavisja

Yarn e-Spinner

A video of it in use:
  10. beloitdavisja

Yarn e-Spinner

Wife tried it out and got some feedback. Overall worked great, but I'm scrapping the pen spring. She has some extras in a spinning wheel tune-up kit that I'm going to use instead. Super simple change. She also wants another knob on the orifice side to wrap the unfinished end around when she...
  11. beloitdavisja

Yarn e-Spinner

Probably 10-15 hours? Total guess. I'm a sporadic worker - easily distracted. Probably would've gone a lot faster with a concrete plan rather than winging it. I did the frame last weekend, and applied the finish over a few days. Turned the tension knob last night as the final step. I'm also...
  12. beloitdavisja

Yarn e-Spinner

Seems like fiber artists and woodworkers are pretty good matches 😊 I'm lucky that some of her big ticket items (e.g. a floor loom) her parents paid for while she was in college - BA in art with concentration in fiber art. I've made several other things for her in the past with scraps from the...
  13. beloitdavisja

Yarn e-Spinner

Background My wife does a lot of fiber art - weaving, knitting, dyeing, etc. She has a functional antique spinning wheel, the typical foot powered kind. She's been mentioning wanting something more portable to take places. I was looking at some and saw that Ashford makes an e-spinner. I about...
  14. beloitdavisja

Buying router bits

Yes. You must Opt-In to be "Discount Qualified" Go to your account Preferences, then opt in to the Klingspor Discount: I am not sure how long it takes after you opt-in for Klingspor to get your info.
  15. beloitdavisja

Was there a list?

@Tarhead maintains a list of places that have wide board services. Map link on this post: Master NC Woodworker Wide Board Services
  16. beloitdavisja

July 2023 Monthly Contest - Small tables and stands - Post here

Journeyman entry. Shaker Candlestick table made in April of this year. Maple. Thread on build here.
  17. beloitdavisja

Automated Zen Garden Sand Table

The only other arduino project i've done was a proof-of-concept dust collector automated blast gate system. I had it working but never fully installed it in the shop, and then I moved and the shop isn't quite fully setup yet. I think if I revisit that project I'd make some changes to it, but I...
  18. beloitdavisja

Automated Zen Garden Sand Table

Ever since I saw a video of the Sisyphus Table, I wanted to make one. I've researched doing it off an on for a years now but never started. I came across a maker on Youtube (DIYMachines) who published a detailed video and instructions, complete with the source code you'd need to run the table...
  19. beloitdavisja

10" Delta Miter Saw Repair - Model 36-075

Thanks for reminding me that I need to print them :p Got one on the printer last night. 7.5 hour print. Have its partner printing now. Need to get the magnets ordered. 3D file from here: 4" magnetic dust collection hose coupling by tande922
  20. beloitdavisja

10" Delta Miter Saw Repair - Model 36-075

I bought a Creality Ender V2 Neo for about $250 (on amazon today it's $242 applying the $45 coupon). There is certainly a learning curve, but there's tons of YouTube videos that have helped me, especially setting it up. I think most fails that beginners have is from not getting it tuned and...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS